and bowl of tzatziki
32%20PM

4 Likes

Common shrimp around my parts.

One has fresh turmeric and chillies.

Vietnamese-style noodle salad, with lots of thinly shaved fennel

I love the rind bits in this Vietnamese pork paste

8 Likes

Yesterday we had some heavy snacks for lunch. Rosemary focaccia, salami, tatziki, hummus, cucumbers, grapes, grape leaves, roasted cherry tomatoes, and a few chips. We shared a double IPA that was pretty good.

8 Likes

Shrimp rolls

Noodles with dried prawn roe and fresh North Sea crab meat.

And store-bought kimchi dumplings

3 Likes

A bowl of chicken and sausage gumbo with rice, using this recipe from the Gumbo Pages:

https://www.gumbopages.com/food/soups/chixsaus-gumbo.html

7 Likes

Gorgeous!

2 Likes

Lunch was “sink” tacos. Toasted corn tortillas filled with leftover smoked chicken, tomatoes and pepper jack cheese and green tomatillo salsa

1 Like

Muy difernete… pero belissimo!!!

Also next to the sink (right after photo was taken).

Corn-seaweed cakes with cured salmon.

(Thanks, Phreddy!)

5 Likes

Yesterday’s BLTs using my mom’s tomatoes and lettuce. HUGE YUM.

12 Likes

Was inspired by @mariacarmen’s melting potatoes from WFD and made some. Easy and delicious. Also heated up a defrosted duck confit leg from the freezer and steamed some broccolini.

9 Likes

If I have gained weight lately it’s not hard to pinpoint the exact culprit. I got through 5 trays of figs in so short a time! Like asparagus, the fig season is so short.

With cheese, briefly under the grill.

Dipped in pure chocolate, then ground pistachio. Drizzled with honey and more pistachio. White flakes are coconut.

Mini Flammkuchen

A tray of figs, times 5.

7 Likes

Amazingly inspirational. Beautiful photos.

Thank you, señor Rooster. The extra calories are worth it.

1 Like

What do you think of David Chang saying hothouse tomatoes are best for BLTs? I sooo disagree!

2 Likes

That is straight up blasphemy. I really reserve a BLT for when I have prime, fat heirloom tomatoes from my mom. Without a perfect tomato, I don’t see the point.

2 Likes

gorgeous!

1 Like

Molinari special, mustard oil, vinegar and roast peppers, no mayo.

6 Likes

I didn’t know you guys have a thread specifically for lunch haha…

@Presunto your food pics are gorgeous! Am amazed with the dishes you cook for every week. I suppose you have easy access to the ingredients? Seems a little challenging since Singapore imports most of the raw ingredients from the neighboring countries.

Here’s my lunch today - salmon, scrambled egg (should have used two eggs instead of one), bacon, blanched broccoli, shiitake topped with freshly grated parmesan. If only I had some buttered toast on hand.

5 Likes

Cuban style roast pork from the freezer, sauteed red onion, frozen spinach sautéed with garlic, and an egg.

6 Likes