What's For Dinner #99 - the Orange is the New Black Edition -October 2023

Your birthday? Happy, happy! Wishing you many delicious meals.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Linda!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Linda!

3 Likes

Last night’s dinner was the last of the chicken and rice(kinda, froze some of the rice for later) with an added hot Italian sausage, a dash or 2 of Frank’s and a liberal amount of grated Parm Regg.

18 Likes

Beautiful!
Boy, am I mixed up! I have confused Fleet Week with Armed Forces week, which is May and not in September. It’s been awhile!

Traveling this week. After a lunch of fries, fish sandwich and clam roll we opted to split a ham/cheese/arugula sandwich and corn shrimp soup from the local market.
Enjoyed on the deck from our room.

17 Likes

Roast chicken on a bed of carrots and parsnips. I put butter under the skin and bacon fat on the pan. This is gonna be good!

25 Likes

I. Freaking. LOVE. Boudin Bakery! :heart:

3 Likes

Stir fried noodles and veggies with roasted mushrooms. Details over on RecipeTin Eats COTM thread.

19 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Had the day off as the end of my 4-day weekend. Errands, including picking up the new spectacles, and some cooking for leftovers through the week.

Two monstrous BISO chicken breasts were marinated in a combo of olive oil, minced fresh garlic, Gulden’s spicy brown mustard, Penzeys Tuscan Sunset, lemon juice and s/p.

Cooked on a rack at 400° until done. Near East rice pilaf and glazed carrots (butter, dark brown sugar and ginger powder) alongside.

Wine.

22 Likes

I hope the new specs meet your specs!

3 Likes

Happy Indigenous Peoples’ Day! Mine was spent waking up too early, trying to work & not getting much, and taking a walk around the nabe with a friend and her adorable pugs.

WFD was har gow from the freezer section at one of the local Asian grocers, plus miso-glazed eggplant that I’ve had on my brainz for a while now for no particular reason. Seemed a great way to use up more of that red miso paste that’s been in our fridge since the late 1820s ;-), and I do love eggplant every which way.

That said, we both found the eggplant a bit dry & one-dimensional. The fresh cilantro scattered on top brightened it up a little, and our buddy’s delectable homemade chili crisp oil for the dipping of the dumplings did double duty & was slathered on the eggplant as well. Wonder what else would make that dish more interesting…

19 Likes

Boneless Wagyu ribeye on the charcoal grill. Late-season garden veg.

19 Likes

Happy birthday, Linda!

3 Likes

Old fashioned chicken soup - cooked the chicken together with onions, carrots and chili to make the chicken broth. Later added broccoli, peppers, carrots, chicken meat, chili and ginger.

14 Likes

17 Likes

My DH made pumpkin mac n cheese with rigatoni, the leftover Mornay sauce, and Velveeta. No pic.

7 Likes

Another no pic meal. Had grand plans of lamb kebabs, pilaf, etc. but was exhausted after a day of assembling furniture and arranging the kitchen at my mom’s new place. So dinner was BLTs, tater tots, and green salad with ranch.

12 Likes

I love how it looks like a slice of wagyu cake.

3 Likes