What's For Dinner #98 - the Pumpkin-Freaking-Everything! Edition - September 2023

Why do I feel the sudden urge to look up recipes for “dead horse” laab/larb/larp/laap? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Holy smokes - so many amazing dishes you enjoyed!

1 Like

I can see devouring those 7 petite courses!

1 Like

Mea culpa, I missed the obituary.

2 Likes

Don’t forget “lahb”

2 Likes

Scallion-ginger noodles with leftover bulgogi tonight.

I did better with the chow mein noodles tonight, which are a lot skinnier than the hakka noodles I was using before, and somehow trickier than capellini.

22 Likes

Yum!

1 Like

I made Impossible Burgers served up with a platter of veggies and herb dip and kettle chips.

24 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was a Greek salad minus the feta cheese. I usually get take out for lunch on Fridays so I have a salad for dinner. Today I had all the fixins for a Greek salad including a little feta cheese that needed to be used up. When I opened the container the cheese smelled okay but had the same consistency of silken tofu so I pitched it. Tha salad tasted good even without the cheese.

21 Likes

Sausage/peppers/onions on toasted baguette ,provolone and Parmigianino Reggiano, side salad for health. Molto bene :pinched_fingers: :pinched_fingers:

22 Likes

I’m back. :+1:
So is full electrical power after 12 days. :+1::+1:
I have AC. :+1::+1::+1:
I’m cooking. :heart:
I’m in my happy place. :grin:
(Other than Wegmans, which I’ll be visiting tomorrow since tomorrow’s Saturday is Haircut Day).

Went super simple with what was in the downstairs fridge and freezer and easily defrosted in a short amount of time:

Shrimp Scampi with defrosted Argentinian red shrimp. Basmati rice and steamed asparagus alongside. And you can be DAMNED sure there was wine tonight!

33 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Did you like them?

That is GREAT news!! YEAH!!

2 Likes

My lazy version of chicken cordon bleu with an ultra faux Cumberland sauce. Boneless chicken breasts topped with a sauce made of grape jam, red wine, butter, thickened with cornstarch. Then some off the bone slices of ham. Baked until almost done. Smothered with Swiss and lightly browned. Last of the frozen garden mustard greens (tg). And some cheesy garlic bread.

18 Likes

Yeah, they’re a reasonably good facsimile.

1 Like

Bluefish with Dijon mustard, lime juice and lime zest, a very oldie but goodie recipe from the original How To Cook Everything, but done on foil on a gas grill instead of under a broiler. Cherry tomatoes and shallots in a different foil packet on the grill, green beans. Very tasty, sorry for terrible pic.

24 Likes

Cheezboigahs & COTC with the PSTOB&S. I seem to remember TJ’s organic ground beef being more flavorful, less springy, but it was a-ok for a low key Friday night meal.

23 Likes

:bouquet:Yay!!!:pray:

1 Like

Pickerel with soy, maple, sesame seeds, sesame oil , ginger, garlic and mirin,
Maple parsnips,
Braised leeks,
Garlic shrimp,
Tomato gratin,
Corn on the cob,
Maple Baked beans from a can ( overdid the maple tonight :joy:),
Purchased Jamocha Almond Fudge cake.

20 Likes