What's For Dinner #95 - the Hot Fun in the Summertime Edition - July 2023

Fair guess!

1 Like

Also, i have to say, your meals are always some of the prettiest here!

4 Likes

Aw, thanks! I chalk my good fortune with pics up to my Google Pixel phone!

1 Like

Mmm, percebes!

I’d go to the supermarket of El Corte Inglés in Madrid, buy some percebes, and have them prepare the barnacles for me while shopping for other things.

1 Like

That sounds like a great idea! If only percebes were available in NYC supermarkets. And if only NYC supermarkets prepared food. Alas.

1 Like

Despaña Fine Foods & Tapas Cafe doesn’t have percebes? Nor that insipid food hall in Hudson Yards?

Despana does not sell fresh seafood, as far as I know. Just tinned. And I assume you mean Little Spain? No fresh seafood there, either. It’s possible percebes are sometimes available at The Lobster Place in Chelsea Market, but I’ve never encountered them there. Only at Aquabest, which is where I got them.

Wow. Just wow.

1 Like

Glad you posted this. I made it last night and have a terrible picture to prove it. Subbed ground turkey and added a serrano pepper. Absolutely delicious!

1 Like

So glad you enjoyed it! I make it alot!

1 Like

I have a Google Pixel too! I agree it’s a very good cell camera, but we have terrible lighting in our apt. And the only really pretty plating happens with the BF cooks. :smiley:

1 Like

Tostadas with leftover refried beans, beef fajitas, poblanos and onions. Topped with a Mexican cheese blend. Baked until melty. Leftover tortilla chips. Fresh made salsa for him.:slightly_smiling_face: And sour cream.

22 Likes

This summer’s COTQ and DOTQ are up and running!

4 Likes

It’s been a while since I played. We have golden beets with oil, vinegar, and scallions. Lentils with sausage and beet greens, and focaccia. All homemade. Nothing from the garden! Our garden is currently producing snap peas. Lots. They were in our last two dinners.

25 Likes

Used some organic blue corn masa from La Palma, about 2x the price of the regular masa but worth it probably!

1 Like

Carnitas tacos with guacamole.

27 Likes

Panko-crusted, Alaskan halibut on a toasted, store-bought potato bun. Tarter-sauce and arugula. Carrot slaw.

There will be German sour-cherry cake for dessert.

29 Likes

Fried panko coated calamari steak strips, tartar sauce. Sauteed basmati and wild rice, onion, pepper, asparagus and then added chicken broth. Greek salad with creamy Greek dressing. Sangria.

27 Likes

ooh! i’d say yes!

Arctic Char, homegrown basil, tarragon and dill, local but not homegrown tomatoes, homegrown beans and sugar snaps.

28 Likes