What's for Dinner #94 - the White Rabbit Edition - June 2023

My sympathies and best wishes. Bleib stark.

2 Likes

Danke. Ist immer schwer :broken_heart:

2 Likes

My condolences. I also understand what you mean by a blessing.

3 Likes

In glad you were able to get out and enjoy yourself with friends, and I’m so sorry for your loss. Some comfort that she wasn’t in pain.

6 Likes

Sausage, roasted broccoli, and caramelized onion pizza. A bit more crispy-dark than I like, but it did the trick of filling the belly.

V&Ls alongside.

23 Likes

Mrs. P made her famous pan seared boneless quail breast salad with roasted delicata squash and mini peppers, arugula, sautéed red onions, and various fresh summer fruit. It was topped with a balsamic reduction and fresh shaved parmigiano reggiano (not pictured). It all went great with an excellent Shiraz.

20 Likes

Gorgeous!

1 Like

Very sorry to hear of your Mom’s passing. Sounds like she would have enjoyed being at the table with you tonight - hoping you find comfort in memories of her.

4 Likes

Crispy sour cream and chive chicken tenders. Cotc, mixed greens salad, tomatoes, red onion, pickled beets, blue cheese, ranch dressing.

18 Likes

Peace be with you, remember the best and forget the rest. What a feast you’ve shown us!

4 Likes

Pasta Alla Gricia with bacon and kale. The lemon, red pepper flakes and parm make the dish.

19 Likes

My sympathies to you and yours, and Godspeed to your mom. May she rest in peace. How nice to have a fabulous meal to reflect on and remember your mother, knowing she would have loved it. 🩵

2 Likes

Are we food soulmates? Seriously. Also the snack plate.

Thank you!

So sorry, Natascha.

2 Likes

BF tried his hand at Indian food for the first time - he did really well!
Kadai Chicken - a Pakistani/North Indian dish made with a masala of toasted and ground spices; it was good but he used chicken breast which i don’t like the texture of when stewed - thighs would have been better.
Kala Chana - we had Rancho Gordo black garbanzos that I bought at least a year ago. Flavors were really good but even though he cooked them forever, they were still quite al dente. When i cooked them, i don’t remember them being this hard, so i think it’s just that they were a bit too old. Still, really tasty.
Saron Ka Saag - a friend’s dear mother (who has since passed) brought this to me from India (packaged) - similar to saag paneer, my favorite Indian dish, it was absolutely delicious. super gingery!
groundnut chat - the yellow sprinkles. my friend’s mom also brought this for me. it’s a little bit spicy, with crushed peanuts, and just adds a nice crunch and richness.
And the BF’s raita and basmati.

22 Likes

I’m so sorry. It’s nice when there is something good about it.

3 Likes

Natascha - So sorry, but glad you were able to honor your mom and take care of yourself. May her memory be a blessing.

5 Likes

Is that like being hand twins? Only different?

1 Like

I am very sorry for your loss

2 Likes