What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

1 Like
3 Likes

Tear-it-up Thursday is now rigatoni holding up the fort from 8 hour simmered homemade beef/pork (80/20) bolognese sauce sautéed with carrots, celery…etc, and butter and herb crusted semolina garlic bread. An economical triumph with leftovers.

11 Likes

Wow! Looks like it’s from the finest of Italians restaurants :ramen:

1 Like

My blogpost re: Memorial Day Weekend at home with photos of what we ate.

At Home 2023: Memorial Day Weekend | The Wizard of Roz (wordpress.com)

2 Likes
2 Likes

I feel like sharing… Made bagels (montreal style), and a salmon gravlax (6 days curing).

Add images here

7 Likes

and a rye bread

Add images here

8 Likes

So impressive!

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

I just love your beautiful baby! His looks are so arresting. 🩵 :two_hearts:🩵

1 Like

Thank you :blush: He is a real love bug.

1 Like

I can totally believe that! Would volunteer to pet sit for free, but on opposite coasts!

2 Likes

Gochujang pork tenderloin, 12 oz Berkshire Porterhouse, Garlic Butter Gulf Shrimp. The overabundance of garlic and butter was just right.

13 Likes

NZ Lamb Rack, Iberico Abanico and Aji Panca Chicken Thighs. Lamb too rare so had to put it back on for a bit. Some grill items intimidate me and Lamb Rack is one. Think I may cut them into double chops next time.

9 Likes

You had me at LAMB!!!

Got back from Italy a couple of weeks ago and one of our meals had a simple but beautiful Spaghetti Nerano. Did my best to replicate it and for a first go I would have to say it came out a little better than I expected. Finding provolone del Monaco locally was a bust but the caciocavallo subbed in nicely.

13 Likes

That looks fantastic!!