What's for Dinner #94 - the White Rabbit Edition - June 2023

That’s great news! I remember when my doc told me I could start bearing weight on my ankle - it was one of the happiest days of my life. Little did I know how hard rehab would be (but so worth it).

Good luck!!!

2 Likes

We bought a small charcoal grill today and broke it in with some Asian marinated wings. Superb.

Cigar jammed in my teeth, a Kirkland small batch bourbon ($21 for a liter and excellent quality) in my glass while turning the wings, I was in my element.

Did someome say Instagram? Please follow me at The_Hungry_Historian.

22 Likes

The wings look great. What’s your favorite Asian marinade for wings?

1 Like

BF did the marinade. I know there’s honey, garlic, soy sauce, Shao Xing wine, and a few other ingredients. I can ask for the recipe if you would like but I think he winged it (no pun intended)

9 Likes

The ugly tastey dinner . Last nights leftovers recycled with peas Camping food in its finest form
Cheers

17 Likes
3 Likes

Boiled pork and garlic chive dumplings

25 Likes

Very sorry for your loss. Been there with my mom several years ago. But with her advanced dementia it WAS a blessing.

3 Likes

Close enough - thank you!

1 Like

My son gave these a “9” and said they match chicken tacos in his favorites list. I’m so happy to have a new easy go-to meal!

8 Likes

Your peas have that appealing ‘Spring’ pea color, unlike that in some posts we have seen in this thread.

Genius!

(Reminded me I used to make “Peking duck” rolls using rotisserie chicken, flour tortillas (or Viet rice paper in a pinch), hoisin sauce, scallions, and something crunchy (usually broccoli slaw). Didn’t fool me into thinking it was the real thing, but close enough to be very delicious — and so quick! Will have to get back to this when I’m home again.)

4 Likes

These boletus were picked today in the Shasta forest. Given to me from a friend. Wow .
Will be sautéed tonight along with Monterey bay anchovies. Cheers .

28 Likes

Mrs. P made crispy fried soft shell crabs with a vermouth, caper, and fresh garden herb sauce on the side. We had TJ’s sweet potato fries on the side. We started with homemade guacamole. It all went great with an excellent Shiraz.

26 Likes

Homemade carnitas from the freezer. Refries from garden beans. Storebought tortillas. Served with pico de gallo, avocado, pickled scallions, sriracha mayo, and sour cream.

22 Likes

BF made Greek-ish chicken meatballs tonight (a little pale, but tasty) with a yogurt/herb sauce, turmeric/cumin rice (needed a bit more seasoning, but i added harissa at the table), tomatoes in a vinaigrette, and some of leftover pita from dinner we had at a Lebanese restaurant last night.

25 Likes

Absolutely fabulous

1 Like

Wow!! Lovely looking!! Where are you based, paryzer? Were the crabs fresh or previously frozen?

1 Like

Cabbage pad thai with leftover pork belly!

21 Likes

WOW! Those are some gorgeous boletes, I’m drooling :yum::yum::yum:

1 Like