What's For Dinner #93 - the Grow Grow Grow Your Garden Edition - May 2023

That looks and sounds absolutely incredible :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Chickpea dip, with garlic, lime, and cilantro. Garnished with more cilantro, onion oil, and nigella seeds. Indulgent, but not heavy!

18 Likes

Mmmm, love saltenas. Yours is the spitting image of the Chana pie I get from a baker at a local farmers market. Which I will now need to buy on Wednesday….

2 Likes

The last of the leftover swordfish made a very generous swordfish salad (fish, mayo, lime juice, capers, chopped cornichons) sandwich for lunch today so kept it fairly light for dinner: big salad of endive, radish, avocado, orange grape tomatoes, and pickled carrots with blue cheese dressing. Tasty and exactly what I wanted.

20 Likes

Quieter day vs. yesterday. And even though I’m trying to sleep in, my body clock keeps waking me up at 6:15/6:30. :unamused:

Dinner was St. Louis ribs with a pork rub overnight, baked in the oven at 275° for about 3 hours, tightly wrapped in foil, then unwrapped and transferred to a foil-lined baking sheet, slathered with Dinosaur BBQ Roasted Garlic and Honey BBQ sauce, and broiled for about 6 minutes. Didn’t get as caramelized as I’d hoped, but still good.

Sides were Broccoli-Cashew Salad with red onion and pancetta subbing for the bacon, my 6th grade coleslaw recipe using bagged coleslaw mix with raisins, and added grated carrots and radishes, and deviled eggs with mayo, pepper, pickle relish, and topped with red onion, pancetta, and a sprig of new parsley.

V&L during prep and with dinner, and Lemon Posset with blackberries for dessert.

24 Likes

We enjoyed a nice al fresco dinner on the deck. Mrs. P made homemade guacamole and delicata squash and Andouille sausage pizza fried sage, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmigiano reggiano cheeses. It all went great with an excellent Syrah. The flowers and vines are looking good :slightly_smiling_face:

24 Likes

Très chic, the fur buddy is adorable and I’ve picked up an idea for a garden pizza. Youvare very fortunate to be able to grow hibiscus!

3 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation!

1 Like

More of Kenji’s “Perfect Pan Seared Pork Chops”, and the last of the sugar snaps from the garden…

23 Likes

Memorial Day food. Grilled Jalapeño & cheddar sausages on a toasted French sandwich roll with whole grain mustard, pickle relish and onion. Potato salad, bbq beans and a margarita.

21 Likes

Steak night redux. Wagyu filet of beef with chive butter and garden greens: grilled asparagus and spinach gratin.

20 Likes

I’m going to try that recipe!

1 Like

Thanksgiving in May - Turkey meatballs (with sage and fennel seeds), sautéed green beans, quinoa and a roasted garlic / thyme / olive oil / vinegar / mustard / honey vinaigrette. Served with crispy shallots and cranberries

15 Likes

Thank you very much!
The pizza was inspired by the below recipe, although Mrs. P added Andouille sausage, and used a pre-made Stone Fire crust.

5 Likes

Steak, spiced & roasted butternut squash, gai lan, and fresh corn polenta.

King oyster mushrooms, truffled pea purée

25 Likes

thanks, that wasn’t mine, it was from the Wiki page. but chana pie sounds delish!

Beautiful! I love the ornaments in your garden.

1 Like

Thank you! Does Mr. P cook, too? Retirement project?

Thank you!

You’re welcome! Unfortunately, Mr. P doesn’t cook yet. I’m very fortunate to be married to a very talented cook :blush: