What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

I did something similar about 20 years ago in Florence Italy. It lasted 3 days and very comprehensive. When I came home I wanted a similar experience with Spanish Cuisine. I could not find anything, so I then went to the surrounding Junior colleges and high schools districts to see if they hand any adult Ed courses. Sure enough a junior college about 20 minutes from my home had a 6 session course on Spanish Tapas. It worked and was fun…you never know!

4 Likes

Many Happy Returns albeit a day late!

1 Like

Thank you @PHREDDY ! It’s good to hear from you again! It’s been a while. I hope all is well, and you are enjoying your home in Florida.

3 Likes

I know heirloom kitchen does cooking classes. I also noticed apple street kitchen has a space that certainly looks like they do classes. Over the years, I’ve taken several classes at ice in lower Manhattan https://www.ice.edu/newyork

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

Tear-it-up Thursday is now rigatoni holding up the fort from 8 hour simmered homemade beef/pork (80/20) bolognese sauce sautéed with carrots, celery…etc, and butter and herb crusted semolina garlic bread. An economical triumph with leftovers.

11 Likes

Wow! Looks like it’s from the finest of Italians restaurants :ramen:

1 Like

My blogpost re: Memorial Day Weekend at home with photos of what we ate.

At Home 2023: Memorial Day Weekend | The Wizard of Roz (wordpress.com)

2 Likes
2 Likes

I feel like sharing… Made bagels (montreal style), and a salmon gravlax (6 days curing).

Add images here

7 Likes

and a rye bread

Add images here

8 Likes

So impressive!

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

I just love your beautiful baby! His looks are so arresting. 🩵 :two_hearts:🩵

1 Like

Thank you :blush: He is a real love bug.

1 Like

I can totally believe that! Would volunteer to pet sit for free, but on opposite coasts!

2 Likes

Gochujang pork tenderloin, 12 oz Berkshire Porterhouse, Garlic Butter Gulf Shrimp. The overabundance of garlic and butter was just right.

13 Likes