What's for Dinner #92 - the Fool Me Once Edition - April 2023

First trip out of the house since my surgery on Monday. Picked up a couple of pounds of green asparagus, fresh parsley & heavy cream for tonight’s dinner. Bopping around the supermarket was a little more exhausting than I expected, so it was good I hadn’t gone out by myself - but I had to take a nap when we got back home – something I never do.

WFD was cream of asparagus soup with a lil lemon zest & topped with crispy prosciutto. Light and springy.

I also received a beautiful fruit plate through Edible Arrangements a dear friend sent for my recovery, so we got some healthy-ish dessert, too :smiling_face:

22 Likes

Es freut mich, dass es dir gut geht.

1 Like

Vielen Dank! Gut nicht, aber besser :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you! This was frozen, but I tried to pat it dry as best I could and then stir fry in batches. It helped somewhat, but the top of my range looked like a crime scene when I was done!

3 Likes

Thank you! It was really good and came together pretty quickly, which is always good on a week night!

OMG! That all looks so good! Scallop is one of my favorites!

1 Like

Thank you! I’d found this a few weeks ago and finally got around to making it!

1 Like

I belatedly looked up the solution, and apparently it is either to sear very fast or then to cook it to death (half an hour or so) – in the middle is rubber, but either end is tender. Go figure!

1 Like

Kielbasa and spinach soup with pasta and beans. Chili oil for drizzling. Toasted baguette.

The sausages, chili oil and bread were homemade. Spinach and beans came from the garden.

19 Likes

Continuing our ongoing play on Spaghetti Carbonara variation: - this was a nice one - Miso Spaghetti Carbonara. White miso and sriracha added to the egg yolk and parmesan mixture. And baby spinach at the very end

17 Likes

beautiful job!

1 Like

Chicken roulade, spinach, ham and Gruyère with a honey mustard sauce. Rice, carrot, red pepper, onion cooked in chicken broth, parsley. Salad of mixed greens, tomato, red onion, avocado, pickled beets, blue cheese and ranch dressing. W‌ine.

22 Likes

Oh man, I love monkfish. I haven’t seen it at the store in years. It looks wonderful.

1 Like

Carnitas tacos with guacamole again.

22 Likes

I tried to make this Lentil (meatloaf). I thought it was pretty good, although Sunshine didn’t like it. I did use one egg as a binder and not the “chia egg” the presenter used. I was thinking about maybe adding some tomato paste for the next try?? I’m still trying to help Sunshine lower her cholesterol (through diet and exercise). I’m looking for any suggestions that might “fix” this Lentil loaf… Thank you in advance.

3 Likes

Faboski! It’s been too long since casa lingua had tacos… at least a few days! :scream:

1 Like

30 seconds or 30 minutes. I love long-cooked squid, especially fra diavolo style.

Not exactly what you asked for, because I think that recipe is going to be too difficult and tiresome to reverse engineer.

How about this instead?

Or this

8 Likes

Kinda meh dinner. Salmon a la Ted from Chopped, spaghetti squash, lemon pepper asparagus, COTC and arugula with fig vinaigrette. Salmon was from frozen and fishy, salad dressing gloopy, asparagus a tad over, and spaghetti squash is arguably the worst squash. COTC was picked too early but passable. Filled a hole. :woman_shrugging:t2:

14 Likes

My DH always says, when dinner is meh, at least it will keep us alive until tomorrow lol. I have spaghetti squash in the oven right now…

5 Likes