What's For Dinner #91 - the Irish Spring! Edition - March 2023

Thank you for sharing your dear memories with us. Your family was so blessed in your father.

8 Likes

Beautiful thoughts, Saregama. Reflective, no doubt, of a strong and wonderful relationship.

:people_hugging:

9 Likes

Salmon with clementines, pecans and herbs

Based on this Bonnie Stern recipe.

15 Likes

My condolences, @Saregama

4 Likes

This is the best thing I’ve read in a while.

I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. I hope the comfort you find in one another will give you all peace.

7 Likes

My condolences as well @Saregama - sorry to hear this sad news.

5 Likes

My condolences for the loss of your father. The meals you made in his memory and your write up here are a lovely tribute to him.

5 Likes

Thanks for the great writeup. I can’t wait to try this.

I am so sorry to learn of your father’s passing. My his memory be a blessing. I know you will be sharing many meals to come with him in your heart.

6 Likes

I’m so very sorry for your loss, @Saregama. Such a difficult time for you all. I hope the memories of his and your love of food and family help you through it all. Such wonderful memories and family traditions.

4 Likes

Very sad to hear of your loss. Endearing stories of your father’s love for food - thank you for sharing him with us. My heart goes out to you.

5 Likes

I am so very sorry for your loss.

4 Likes

Such a lovely essay! Your dad sounds like a wonderful man and you express your love for him so clearly. Very sorry for your loss.

5 Likes

Keep those memories close to your heart. Sharing those are integral to the journey you will travel. Remember the best, forget the rest. Blessings and peace to you and yours.

6 Likes

Our first proper dinner in FL: our lovely hostess made toasts with fontina and wild mushrooms, pasketti with homemade sausage and meat-a-ballz-a, and a salad from her yarden. Delish, everything.

19 Likes

That’s a great idea to put the chicken on top of the sauce. Thanks!

1 Like

He likes corn products. No tortilla chips are safe in his presence!

4 Likes

He was a street rescue of uncertain lineage. I think he’s a bit bigger than the Bombays I have encountered (he’s about 8.5 lbs) and there is a little white patch on his chest. We call him an Incognito Tuxedo!

6 Likes

@Saregama - I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

6 Likes

I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

5 Likes