What's For Dinner #91 - the Irish Spring! Edition - March 2023

6 Likes

Sorry broccoli. Try whole beets at 285 for 3 hours . Nothing added . My favorite. Fabulous.

2 Likes

nice!

sending all the good juju i can muster…

3 Likes

Sad to hear about the bad health news, hope it resolves quickly…

2 Likes

sorry just getting here… i’d listen to what @jiaozi has to say on the subject, because i’m not at all sure. i’ve never seen lime powder! i think from what i’ve just googled that lime powder is all about the citrusy tang, whereas the dried limes have a little more depth to them, a muskiness. but since the recipes say you can sub fresh lime, why not?

Last night, inspired by the Basque sausages from our Frenchy butcher, the BF made a tortilla de patata - his second one ever - which was just a bit salty and thin (he made two thin ones instead of one fat one) but still very tasty, his EXCELLENT sherry shrooms, steamed mussels in a butter sauce, all for me (!!), and a tomato salad. Mussels had a bit of a funky smell to them though they’d been selected by our fishmonger and were all closed, but I tasted one and it was delicious, so yeah, i ate them, and I’m still alive.

18 Likes

Sending good vibes on the health front…

Tortilla de patata is a staple at my house. Easy, fast, tasty, and can be eaten hot or cold…just about the perfect thing for a household that seems to always be on the run.

But those mushrooms look amazing.

2 Likes

@linguafood sorry to hear you’ve had bad news. We are pulling for you. Let us know if we can help in some way.

5 Likes

Yum! Did you make the noodles or were they from the store? I’ve eyed those but not tried them yet.

Sorry to hear. Wish you strength through it.

1 Like

These noodles were from the Asian market - but similar to the ones from Trader Joe’s. We actually had some unused “soy and sesame” sauce packets from the TJ’s package and used it on these. Bland bland bland (even with the addition of scallions, garlic, and ginger). Oyster sauce would have been much better.

1 Like

Waste of seasoning power. I do find it interesting how oyster sauce (and hoisin) pack such a flavor punch even just as a small enhancement. I have to find a vegetarian version to use here.

1 Like

Thank you all for your kind words. It’s the big C, but detected early, so we’re hopeful :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

19 Likes

Good luck. I hope the treatment goes smoothly and is successful.

4 Likes

@linguafood Sending you all the good juju I can. {{{Hugs}}}

4 Likes

Sorry for the delay…here’s the new April thread!

2 Likes

Beets are on my list, thanks. Also carrots and daikon, which I think would fare better.

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #92 - the Fool Me Once Edition - April 2023

Good luck!

1 Like