What's For Dinner #91 - the Irish Spring! Edition - March 2023

Used up the last of the octopus and made a warm octopus salad with potatoes, olives, and lemon. BF is back from his business trip tomorrow and we will shift into some sort of cheese, sausage, and bread thing with beverages upon his arrival from the airport. Leftovers of this salad are lunch tomorrow.

20 Likes

Lemony chicken and orzo.

20 Likes

We are still on the gluten free train for now, so wfd was a beef colorado enchilada casserole with corn tortillas, refried beans, pickled jalapenos (they’re mild and I love 'em for that), and carrot sticks.

18 Likes

thanks! we both loved it.

1 Like

Bought pork crepinettes from The Fatted Calf (local butcher) - first time ever buying/having. BF looked up “recipes” and settled on a Chef John prep - simple sear on both sides, a little white wine (he used rosé as i had some open in the fridge), mounted the sauce with butter, then covered and let it cook for another few minutes. some of the sauce became the mashed potato lake (although there was butter there too.) Sauteed spinach with red onions and roasted tomatoes on the side. The pork had a distinctive flavor that I couldn’t quite place - was it the caul fat, was it a spice in the sausage? Not sure, but they were very tender, and we both enjoyed them. I have a couple of lamb crepinettes in the freezer that I’m saving for dinner at my sister’s one night. Very good, all of it! I’d buy those again.

20 Likes

i LURVE octopus and potatoes together!

and what a lovely bowl…

1 Like

we were almost twinsies tonight!

2 Likes

And do I see a couple Andes mints.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

My neighbor, who owns a couple of restaurants in Macao, decided she missed cooking and started selling meals out of her apartment. So today I bought one, and it was very nice! Matar Paneer, Dal Tadka, Pumpkin Curry, Jeera Rice and Raita. I threw a little cilantro over top, 'cause that’s how I roll.

21 Likes

Yes one has to keep one’s breath minty from time to time :joy:

2 Likes

Pibil pork with beans, rice, broccolini, and pickled onions.

20 Likes

More Ricotta Gnocchi (slightly different recipe than before) - this time with a sauce made from cherry tomatoes, garlic, arugula, basil, some light brown sugar and red wine vinegar

18 Likes

Fancy lobster roll

15 Likes

@Rasam Thank you :slight_smile: Tiger balm does the trick better than any over-the-counter medication I’ve tried. The joint in question (my left shoulder) is still a little sore but with continual applications of Tiger balm I should be back in action by tomorrow.

5 Likes

And a lovely little butter pond in the middle of the mashed. :heart:

1 Like

I recently discovered a very old, very tiny jar in the back of my medicine cabinet …

12 Likes

An egg? With picked turnip? Maybe crispy onions?

Miso grits blended with soft tofu, poached egg, pickled cabbage, and fried shallots. Oh and some bacon on the side.

5 Likes

Sounded like a kid’s lunch, for a minute :slight_smile:

1 Like