What's for Dinner #90 - the Days are Lasting Longer Edition - February 2023

Tonight’s dinner was a spring roll bowl. Shrimp, avocado and red pepper strips served over rice noodles. Dressing included rice wine vinegar, fish sauce garlic, jalapeno and lime juice.

19 Likes

“Caribbean fried salt fish”, made in an Airbnb in Brooklyn. I should have brought my knives.

19 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Bistro D’Azur in South Orange, NJ, including ribeye steak; whole black bass with tahini sauce; perfectly poached lobster crepe; jambon salad with roasted figs and goat cheese; Spanish chips. It all went great with an excellent Malbec and Shiraz.

18 Likes

Photo taken from completely the wrong angle, but dinner was good.

Prime ribeye on the grill. Potato gratin. Romaine in Caesar dressing. Horseradish sauce.

20 Likes

Broccoli with King Oyster Mushrooms

22 Likes

One of my favorite shrooms :star_struck:

Been called out for serving meat to my vegetarian kid with these several times. a favorite, also shiitakes.

1 Like

last night at my sister’s we made Chupe de Camarones - an old favorite Peruvian dish we’ve had at many restaurants over the years but never tried making at home. Turned out great. Made with home-made shrimp stock from the shells, evaporated milk, two kinds of Peruvian chili paste (aji panca and aji amarillo), sauteed onions/garlic, peas, potatoes, and corn. Corn isn’t sweet right now, which is like Bolivian corn, so it tasted just right to us. Queso fresco got mixed in and as garnish, and freeze-dried cilantro subbed for fresh. a TON of shrimp, too. Very homey and delicious.

25 Likes

I could literally eat king oyster and lions mane mushrooms all day, everyday

1 Like

Im trying to force spring to come. Fifty five degrees here . Looks like she is pushing me away . Alot of snow next week. Smoked pork ribs using the traeger . Macaroni salad with chopped cabbage. Beans with chopped ham
Cheers.

24 Likes

I run a local cooking group, and we had our 3rd potluck yesterday. Really good stuff from everyone.

There was borscht, a nice refreshing salad with creamy dill dressing, garlic noodles with andouille sausage and shrimp, tuna escabeche, stir-fried chicken & chashews, white chicken chili (not pictured), my Tuscan soup (one of two dishes that were obliterated :slight_smile: ), two trays from a local hobby caterer with amazing bbq’d and smoked foods involving a lot of pork products, apple strudel with vanilla sauce, apple coffee cake, chocolate zucchini cake, date cookies, and crêpes made to order with homemade maple syrup. What a treat. Def having a low-key dinner aka Abendbrot tonight, tho.

25 Likes

Thank you for telling us what’s on your plate! Yum!

2 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was delicata squash stuffed with white beans poached in tomato sauce and long grain and wild rice with the overflow rice/bean mixture.

18 Likes

We split the other ribeye, seared, served with creamed minted pea puree and TJ’s sweet potato gnocchi in sage butter sauce. Green salad as well.

21 Likes

Sesame crusted pork tenderloin slices with a citrus glaze/reduction, quick pickled cukes, and some rice cooked in broth. We are embarking on some trial elimination diets for my little to see what might be giving him the GI blues, and just embarked on a trying-to-be-mostly-gluten- free week. Wish us luck.

21 Likes

Another passenger on the Tuscan soup train. I went full fat, bacon grease and heavy cream. Grilled three cheese sandwich.

Gin and juice.

24 Likes

Pizza night. Lahey’s no-knead crust with homemade marinara, three cheeses, black olives and Boar’s Head pepperoni. Home-grown pickled peppers. Caesar salad.

23 Likes

Tonight in Fussy Food Monday - artichoke barigoule with mushroom duxelles, shrimp and scallop ceviche, Martinez.

18 Likes

In a quasi-tribute to the “The Bangles”…
It’s just another Meatloaf Monday!!

The best part is Sunshine loves making cold meatloaf sandwiches for lunch with the leftovers. There is enough for two lunches, so she is quite happy.

22 Likes

Cold meat loaf sandwiches ard fantastic. Once upon a time Paul Harvey spoke of how special they were to him, and I thought I was the only one who oved them.

7 Likes