What's for Dinner #90 - the Days are Lasting Longer Edition - February 2023

I like them quickly sautéed wirh red bell pepper and onion, sometimes corn kernels, with whatever herb blend strikes your fancy.

1 Like

A few errands.
A few flurries.
A simple meal.

Gulf shrimp tossed with Spicewalla’s Honey and Herb seasoning rub. Melted butter and white wine reduced in a hot skillet, shrimp added and quickly cooked.

Put on top of leftover Israeli couscous with sauteed spinach and chopped red onion with a bit of s/p alongside, topped with Mediterranean pine nuts, the only kind I can tolerate.

Wine.

23 Likes

A couple of recent dinners: eggplant, tofu and ground lamb with schezwan peppercorns and regular seasonings, with rice. Scotch Broth soup - both comforting and hearty for the wintry weather.

17 Likes

Bacon and egg sammy on freshly baked rolls.

Add images here

17 Likes

Please name those gorgeous cheeses. I want!

2 Likes
5 Likes

Plesse tell about your pine nut toleration. China processed vs others? Allergy/sensitivity or ethical reasons? Dish looks great!

1 Like

Fish and chips. Fresh red rockfish, seasoned flour, egg dip, panko. McCains fries, tartar sauce, malt vinegar. Spinach salad with hb egg and bacon, my spinach salad dressing.

24 Likes

parm

Impossible Chicken Parm, cole slaw. The parm was good, but the cole slaw! I almost scarfed it up mid-prep, I liked it so much. It’s just cole slaw! You’d think I was altered in some way (I wasn’t).

18 Likes

You have a beautiful backyard area.

4 Likes

Stir Fry Saturday. Udon noodles, sliced sirloin, broccoli, scallion, chili crisp, ginger, and garlic with bottled stir-fry sauce (not bad-- could have made it myself but feeling lazy). Excellent meal.

Pork and Shrimp Gyoza, frozen, from the Asian market. These came with a “coating” that meant you could pan fry without adding oil. Good thing I read the directions. It worked…kind of.

Martini(s).

21 Likes

Herbed ricotta gnocchi with lemon-green beans, bacon and parmesan (made to a significant part by our daughter - I could get used to that service)

19 Likes

Thank you, not as lovely as yours, but I like it. And it is my front yard.

4 Likes

Last night’s dinner was farfalle with pan roasted tomatoes and goat cheese. Lots of basil as a garnish.

14 Likes

That sounds good!

It was delicious! The recipe is definitely a keeper.

1 Like

Link please!

Here it is: https://celebritygoat.com/bow-tie-pasta-with-pan-roasted-tomatoes-and-goat-cheese

2 Likes

From left to right - Pepper Jack, Havarti with dill, Mushroom Jack, St. Andre

3 Likes

I recognized the dill Havarti (yum) and am intrigued by the mushroom jack.

1 Like