What's For Dinner #88 - The Mad Rush Edition - December 2022

Grew up in northern NJ and we ate what Mom cooked, or we could make ourselves a bowl of cereal or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for our dinner.

And my sister gave her buttered peas to her cat, WoFat (named after a villain in the original TV series Hawaii Five-O). Worked out for both of them as well. LOL

4 Likes

Kids with sensory issues/neurodiversity pretty often have food texture and flavor sensitivities. One way to think of it is the little person has their nervous system turned up to 11 or 12. Many strengths but also some daily challenges.

11 Likes

Beautifully described.

2 Likes

Such feasting! And beautiful cocottes.

1 Like

Wow, I had no idea. https://www.treehugger.com/shrimp-may-be-small-their-environmental-impact-devastating-4858308

1 Like

There are some inland shrimp farms in Ontario and parts of the States, that grow shrimp in a more ecologically friendly manner. Only problem is, it’s hard to find these shrimp for sale as a consumer. Most are destined for restaurants. Planet Shrimp is the name of one shrimp farm in Ontario.
I also buy small frozen wild shrimp from the North Atlantic.
Some posts re: shrimp are in this thread-
AQUACULTURE articles - Hakai Magazine and The Atlantic: What It Takes to Feed Billions of Farmed Fish Every Day - They’re usually just given ground-up fish. One company is exploring a more sustainable alternative: maggots.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear Mrs P was not well, hope she feeling better today & Happy New Year…

3 Likes

Thank you Karen! We appreciate it. She went to Urgent Care today. She has a bad sinus infection. They gave her some antibiotics and some pills for her cough. She must have gone through a whole box of tissues today. Hopefully she will feel better within the week.
Happy New Year to you and your family as well!

4 Likes

Hope the antibiotics do the trick. My PIC’s flu developed into a sinus infection, and he was miserable until the drugs finally kicked in!

1 Like

Thank you! Hopefully the drugs will kick in soon.

That’s really too bad. Hope she’s much improved soon!

1 Like

Thank you Christina!

Ooops. Wrong month. Moved to January.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #89 - the Dawn of a New Year Edition - January 2023

@MsBean check out what Meera Sodha’s got going on.

Thank you so much for tagging me. That sounds great!!!