What's for Dinner #85: The Falling Leaves Edition - September 2022

Vegetarian takoyaki filled with cheese, and salad.

19 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was another “Mom” recipe. Smothered Pork (cream of mushroom soup), wild rice and peas.

16 Likes

After grilling for months on end . I needed a change . 101 degrees here . Cooled down for dinner time
Meat raviolis with tomato. Grated four year old parmigiana reggiano . Zucchini with tomato. Cheers.

21 Likes

Yum.

15 Likes

Plantains , prawns , red onion. And the sauce?

1 Like

Mango and ponzu

3 Likes

Nice . I believe a little cilantro also

1 Like

Always.

I put cilantro on my PB&J sometimes.

4 Likes

Green chicken enchiladas - filling made from poached chicken breast, onions, cilantro and queso fresco. Green sauce/salsa made from broiling tomatillos, shallots, garlic and jalapeño, then puréed with cilantro.

20 Likes

Dinner on Tuesday night was intended to be a salmon fillet with a Greek salad but I needed the last of the cuke and tomato for last night’s dinner. So I pan fried the fillet with yellow and red peppers served over fettucine. I started with another dolmades and finished with baklava. I didn’t like the square one - it tasted like perfume.

Dinner was paired with a blanc de blanc and dessert was paired with a Grand Marnier.

14 Likes

Last night’s dinner started with another dolmades followed by chicken skewers purchased at Costco, cuke and tomato from my CSA and a pita and tzatziki from the Lebanese grocery store. They had some intriguing pastries at the cash and one of them caught my eye. When I asked the cashier what it was she said “fried dough with honey”. One would think she’d try a little harder to upsell them :wink: I bought it anyway and a Google search tells me I bought a zoulbia. They are quite tasty!

13 Likes

Today I (re)learned that the historic roots of South Asian Jalebis are the Middle Easters Zoulbiyas.

I love hot, freshly made jalebis straight from the maker’s wok. But will happily eat them cold too.

10 Likes

I’m curious about your
 place mat? Is this a rendering of world map inside half of a frame?

This is one of my favorites

1 Like

Today was a beige food day and I’m not even sorry. After 6 days of work in a row I wanted quick and easy so I’ve got homemade breaded prawns and frozen chips, all deep fat fried and served with a cocktail sauce.

22 Likes

Dinner tonight is store bought mushroom ravioli gussied up with lemon butter, toasted walnuts, fried sage, and Pecorino. Oh, and there are some steamed green beans under there to catch the sauce!

24 Likes

Made 3 dinners tonight:

• Spaghetti and meatballs for Spring Onion (Barilla protein spaghetti / TJs party meatballs / Carbone marinara (I really like this, found on sale at our local Market Basket - I bought 5 jars)

• Veggie burger and air fryer fries for B; COTC; salad of FM tomatoes and lettuce/cukes/red onion/local feta/miso dressing

• For me: air fryer tofu/leftover peanut noodles/cukes/tomatoes/scallion/cilantro.

We had the peanut noodles last night (B had his with Arctic char, which I don’t like for it’s farmed taste) and B wasn’t feeling the air fryer tofu tonight so I spared him from having tofu tonight - fine by me. More for my breakfasts this week. I took a photo of only my meal - passive aggressive move?

19 Likes

Tonight we made F&W’s fried catfish sandwiches with creamy cumin slaw. They were delicious! I streamlined the recipe a bit (reused the egg marinade as the egg wash, adding buttermilk). Would definitely make again. Buttered toasted buns are a must.

23 Likes

I wish you’d add a little detail to your photos! This looks intriguing to me - care to describe? TIA

4 Likes