What's for Dinner #85: The Falling Leaves Edition - September 2022

Oooh, sassy!

1 Like

I’m with @linguafood on this one - anything other than a vodka martini is not a martini :wink: I tried a martini with gin once but it wasn’t for me. I love gin but preferably with tonic and a sprig of mint.

I had no idea how popular pumpkin spice booze had become. I think I knew about the Bailey’s. I definitely knew about Salt Caramel Bailey’s. Not sure why people can’t just add pumpkin pie spice or caramel to OG Bailey’s or OG whiskey.

GIN. GIN. GIN.

Vodka has no business in a proper martini, either, unless it’s a dirty one - why ruin a good gin?

2 Likes

:point_up_2: It’s got scotch in it! Just give it a different name! Swapping gin for whiskey changes a Negroni to a Boulevardier.

1 Like

I prefer my Boulevardier with rye :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Natural pumpkin juice” :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

Legit. Rye is a whiskey.

I know :wink:

That’s funny since the original was gin!:face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

Are you one of those Germans who hates pumpkin? Always amused me.

I love the garlic shrimp, the patatas bravas, and the lamb meatballs AND the lamb chops! You had a wonderful meal! I’ve not been there on a Thursday in years, but with schools back in, I’m not surprised it was noisy, especially after almost 3 years of people not being able to (or choosing not to) dine out. I hope otherwise you had a good time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a great idea - and so colorful!

1 Like

I can abide pumpkin soup, I adore pumpkin seed oil. Other than that, that veg can stay TF away from me :wink:

How is my nationality relevant to pumpkin hate?

1 Like

Well, for those of us who can’t abide gin
 :wink: (Yes, I know - I’m a weird one not liking gin OR cilantro!)

2 Likes

I do like a Vesper :wink:

2 Likes

Last night’s dinner was Pork with BBQ sauce, rice-a-roni and green beans. I call this my “Halftime Meal”. I can start cooking right at the 2:00 minute warning for halftime, serve dinner and be back in front of the TV for the start of the 3rd Quarter.

12 Likes

Anything in a martini glass can be called a martini. If you’re referring to my pumpkin martini, it normally would be in such a glass but he wanted it on the rocks. I’ll call it something else next time.

1 Like

It can, but it shouldn’t. As for renaming your drink? Please. Not on my behalf.

??