What's for Dinner #85: The Falling Leaves Edition - September 2022

Chorizo/beef, red onion, cilantro patty with aji verde. Farmer’s market cotc and a salad of mixed greens, radish, avocado, snap peas, green onion, creamy Greek dressing. Lambrusco.

Figs with sour cream, balsamic syrup and pistachios. Oh I should have put some maple syrup in my balsamic.

I never saw the sun today, smoke and fog. Aka smog.

22 Likes

Those pork tenderloins are so finicky
From done to overdone in a matter of seconds. I’ve done it more than once . I still have one in the freezer .

3 Likes

I hope everyone is safe and your power comes on soon. :cry:

6 Likes

Out with friends at Dali tonight. It’s been too long!

We had Croquetas de Jamón (ham and Manchego cheese croquettes) with tomato jam (these were SOFAKING GOOD!

Patatas Bravas

Garlic Shrimp (sizzling video won’t upload)

A small Paella del Océano

and Churros and Licor 43 for dessert. (Toasting video of the Licor 43 won’t upload)

There was Sangria. Obvi.

22 Likes

Pacific power updated. Tomorrow at 6 pm . Maybe. Happy Labor day weekend. I have it covered. Thank you Linda. All this outdoor cooking for the last two months. Has prepared me .I just need more wine. I’ll get that tomorrow.

10 Likes

Hakka-ish umami-ish noodles for dinner.

Wanted to avoid anything fermented because I’m trying to cut back on histamine triggers after a slight allergic reaction a couple of days ago, so no soy, no oyster sauce, no miso, and so on.

Lots of garlic and ginger, mushrooms, cabbage, sesame oil, and chicken bouillon. Oh and angel hair pasta because I had a package open (and I love it).

Pretty good, given everything that wasn’t in them!

Grapefruit and white chocolate cake for dessert.

22 Likes

That’s just awful. Hope they can get it under control soon, and that they could save everyone in the zone.

3 Likes

As of the moment. 2580 acres. Zero containment. Fuck.

4 Likes

worked late tonight, came home to BF’s snacky dinner - so many good things, including those Nigel Slaterish tomatoes, and some terrine de campagne au cognac a friend brought me from Paree. leave for Amsterdam on Tues., but now I’m officially on vacation for the next 10 days! wheeeee!

21 Likes

i was scrolling from the bottom up and i knew even before i saw the name this was Mr. Happy… :star_struck:

1 Like

Quick fish stew with kohlrabi, asparagus, shrimp and peas cooked in a sauce made from coconut milk, garlic, ginger and lime juice. Cod was pan-fried separately and added at the very end. Served over rice.

16 Likes

Been following the Mill and Mountain fires on Twitter and via the WatchDuty app; sure seems like Siskiyou Co. gets more than their fare share of these blazes (much like Butte). Stay safe, please.

5 Likes

I’ll be stocking up again today as well. Always good to lay in a supply. :wink:

2 Likes

This is my mother’s recipe, she called it “American Goulash”. I’m not sure if that is the correct term or not. I’ve tweaked her recipe a bit by adding “Chamoy” hot sauce.

14 Likes

Enjoy! And please report your finds!

1 Like

emglow, please continue to update. CaFire reporting and mapping is frustrating,
This real time aircraft reporting is our country go-to.

Hope your wine stock is replenished. As is charcoal and water. All good thoughts.

5 Likes

The power just came on 20 minutes ago . Fire is burning. 20 percent containment. Around 4 thousand acres .Sad

10 Likes

Last night we had a chicken and penne gratin. Pure comforting indulgence.

23 Likes

We’ll be in Boston in two weeks. Have to make sure we get to Dali!

4 Likes

Im glad your power is back. Hopefully they can continue to increase the containment and put it out completely very soon.

4 Likes