What's for Dinner #84 - the National Food-A-Day Month Edition - August 2022

Count me in! :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Wow!!!

2 Likes

Bare minimum cooking tonight.

Lemon-pepper sauteed Gulf shrimp on top of salad greens. I used up some radishes, red bell pepper, red onion, and cukes, with grated carrot, chopped tomatoes, goat cheese and a lemon-tarragon-parsley vinaigrette. Not too bad.

A glass of wine during prep. Ok, a large enough pour that it lasted through dinner as well. :wink:

21 Likes

I’m a little behind in posting so I am sharing linguine with zucchini and mint and sliced red pepper and half an avocado for dinner last Thursday.

18 Likes

Yesterday’s take out lunch was a cheese tray from a nearby restaurant so I had crudites for dinner.

12 Likes

Tonight’s dinner started with a spring roll that I forgot to photograph, a venison pot pie from the pricey butcher and beans from my CSA.

16 Likes

…and then there was corn.

13 Likes

Dessert was a chocolate mousse cake.

14 Likes

Individual chicken pies
IMG_1962
IMG_1963
IMG_1964

Comfort food on foggy SF summer day.

24 Likes

Leftover scallion chicken - with mushrooms and garden peas – in a light cream sauce over pasta.

17 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at. Bistro D’Azur in South Orange, NJ including duck 3 ways (duck breast, duck confit salad, foie gras), whole branzino, excellent straciatella salad, fruit de mer, and flourless chocolate cake with coffee ice cream for dessert. We also had an amuse bouche of tuna and avocado. It all went great with an excellent red blend and Brunello di Montalcino.

13 Likes

I make Lamabageen often but not often enough. I cheat and use flour tortillas as the base

We had that Pfaltzcraft pattern growing up :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Collaborative dinner with friends camping last night. They made burgers and watermelon-feta salad. We topped the patties with chanterelles we all foraged. For our part we brought corn on the cob, s’more stuff, tomatoes and salad. Some stuff not pictured.

17 Likes

And potato salad, oops. Store-bought and deemed “not worth the calories” by me.

Easy dinner of pasta salad and COTC. Roasted some fruit (nectarines and blackberries from the CSA and figs from our tree) and served over ice cream - vanilla and coffee hazelnut that were the remnants of two open pints taking up space in the freezer. The fruit was really the star of the whole meal.

22 Likes

This sounds amazing!

2 Likes

I think your s’more is missing some chocolate :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, they were not nice flat pieces!

That’s too bad. Maybe next time…