What's for Dinner #84 - the National Food-A-Day Month Edition - August 2022

I did an actual double take and had to go back through your post to get the name of the cake. It looks awesome!

2 Likes

Rice pilaf with cauliflower, carrots, chicken breast, onion, curry powder, almonds, cilantro and dill

9 Likes

Delete to Happy

Japanese curry with chicken made using boxed roux, rice, salad, miso soup, and pickles.

Sake

18 Likes

I’ve created the new thread for September here:

6 Likes

I haven’t heard “pumpkin spice” yet, we’re still safe😵

3 Likes

I made tofu peanut Buddha bowls last night, and doubled the recipe to bring to a good vegetarian friend with sick kids. also dropped off watermelon, brownies, and fixin’s for easy red beans and rice.

Unfortunately her little kids were wary of the unfamiliar food. Mine didn’t eat any, either, despite serving it build-your-own buffet-style.

23 Likes

Your packaging is :100: :star_struck:

It’s hard to know what other people
— and their kids — will eat / enjoy. But it’s nice to have new things introduced by other people sometimes!

My nephews wouldn’t have touched a Buddha bowl if we made it, but loved it when a friend brought over all the components during the pandemic. They sampled the individual bits first, and decided it all tasted good so it was a go.

7 Likes

I feel for you. I didn’t have a blight issue, but our spring was so cold, that the tomato starts didn’t go into the ground until mid-late June. That is crazy late, but they say, don’t do it until nighttime temps are consistently over 50. So I have 16 tomato plants right now, and just harvested the first ripe one yesterday. I don’t expect much more before it gets too cold and all the plants die.

2 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::wink:

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

These have me drooling. They look amazing.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #85: The Falling Leaves Edition - September 2022

I used to make do with TJ’s pork shiumai, but these are the real deal. Worth stocking in the freezer. When I have more freezer room, I’ll pick up the shrimp dumplings and maybe one other type and that’s lazy person dim sum feast right there.

1 Like

Love Japanese curry. When we lived in Japan, we used to take the train to Hanno just to eat the curry served at a little place there. It was so, so good.
If you have any advice for me on how to make it really well, I sure would appreciate that, @Mr_Happy.

1 Like

Sep thread is going here.

1 Like

That’s cool, I’ve been to Japan once but missed out on trying the curry there. This was made with pre-made roux (S&B Tasty Curry, medium hot) so I just added it to water :joy:

1 Like

Thank you. I do have a Japanese curry recipe I recently purchased, think it is Vermont Brand, but not sure. Am so glad you responded and let me know it is a mix, simply because that makes me feel so much better about using it. It sure looks good.

2 Likes

Aaarrrggghhhh! It is out there now, EVERYWHERE! Pumpkin Spice everything.

2 Likes