What's for Dinner - #81 - the Planting Month - May 2022

We are finally seeing Californian Delta asparagus here in Ontario. It was mostly Mexican asparagus in April.

We should see our local asparagus soon.

Also, made baked jerk chicken thighs using a commercial jerk sauce, salad, baked beans from a can. Tasty, not pretty. No photo of those lol.

17 Likes

Same wavelength! I hadn’t seen your post yet when I got the urge a couple of days ago to have some hot and sour soup in the fridge for lunches. I just started rehydrating my shitakes, woodear and lily flowers a few minutes before I sat down to the computer and saw this!

2 Likes

I’m working on the last of my favas tonight.

I have a handful of sugar snaps as well. Thinking a salad or ragout. Didn’t get mint. Will dried mint be worse than none?

17 Likes

Office Potluck Lunch tomorrow so I made my Thai Pasta Salad. Had some of that with part of a humongous chickie boobie oiled up and sprinkled with Spicewalla’s Honey and Herb Rub and roasted.

Wine.

21 Likes

I have an exhausting recipe for hot and sour soup and have acquired all of the ingredients, mostly online, to make it but just don’t have the mojo.

3 Likes

Dios mío, it’s Cinco de Mayo. What is with this cold, rainy weather? I think my hummers and chipmunks have packed up and gone to Mexico. I had Albondigas in the freezer, so soup it is. Cheese & poblano quesadillas, avocado, jicama tossed in Tajin. Santana and tequila.

21 Likes

By sheer coincidence, we had tacos, beans and rice for dinner. Using up the last of the Peruvian chicken, et al.

19 Likes

Skirt steak marinated in Sazon, Adobo, and BF’s mom’s Sofrito. Was going to use the steak in fajitas but it was too good to lose in grilled peppers and onions. Side of yellow rice and avocado-tomato salad. Grilled buttered tortillas as well. Happy Cinco De Mayo!

22 Likes

Spaghetti with prawns. Cheers. :wine_glass:

20 Likes

Chorizo tacos with avocado and Cotija cheese

20 Likes

Favas, sugar snaps, feta, olive oil (Turkish!), and some dried herbs (:astonished:)

20 Likes

this may be dinner tonight …

bass

19 Likes

We held out two years but finally the Coronavirus caught up with our family. We’re all sick, but thanks to vaccines all around (and some Paxlovid) we’re still OK. Our neighbors dropped off an amazing homemade pizza (and salad) tonight. We had already made a salad with garden Romaine, CSA radishes, and doctored-up Good Seasons dressing, which hit the spot.

28 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was stirfried peppers and edamame served with spaghetti. Summer on a plate.

16 Likes

Glad you’re ok.

3 Likes

Hope you all feel better soon.

6 Likes

Glad you’re all feeling OK. Fingers crossed for a quick recovery! The pizza looks wonderful. …great neighbors!

6 Likes

Oh No! Wishing you all a quick and easy recovery.

2 Likes

Happy April 35th, everybody!

3 Likes

Watermelon in season is the perfect food. One mothers’ day korean wings were requested. Going out to eat on mothers day is crazy I think so this worked. We were working on a huge watermelon and some small slices were sitting around. Who knew that besides the radish watermelon was a perfect side to korean wings.

5 Likes