What's for Dinner - #81 - the Planting Month - May 2022

The dough was my son’s ’ baby ’ …perfected it after numerous tries during Covid lock-down. Need to check with him!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Well, that’s also bc your BF makes the best GD fries on the west coast. Huh.

1 Like

Yes, at least at the ones where I live ¶.

Holy hell. That’s a perfect meal!

3 Likes

Large couscous with canned tuna, tomato, spinach, and sumac. With TPSTOEVOO and pesto.

Green almond liqueur, should be ready in 8-10 months.

17 Likes

Hey friend, don’t re-season your wok! A VERY thin layer of oil after every use will do the trick over time. Also, anytime you need to fry anything do use the wok … a thick layer is not a patina, will chip, & is nasty!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m used to doing the thin oil film on the CI every time we use it, so I will keep that up with the wok as well. And yes, the BF was going to make his dinner last night without using the wok, and I scolded him into it!

Going to pretend it’s not grey and 51 here in May. We are switching from soup to salad! This is a Cobb.

30 Likes

Finally back in my kitchen and discombobulated… also jet lagged and exhausted.

After surviving on toasting the sandwiches packed for me and eating eggs in between, I finally made white-cooked chicken and mustard salmon this afternoon to keep me away from takeout for a day or two.

Dinner was mustard salmon with mixed dal (grated zucchini cooked into the dal because I didn’t have it in me to make a vegetable side) over quinoa-rice mix.

22 Likes

Welcome back Saregama, hope you left everyone in good health. Looking forward to reading about more of your food adventures.

7 Likes

Welcome home Saragema! I also enjoy reading your posts and I look forward to reading about your foodie adventures.

6 Likes

Shrimp piccata and peas spaghetti, glorious purple asparagus from the farmers market. Tomato, cucumber, red onion, mozza salad with balsamic & oo dressing, chiffonade of basil. Awlol, much needed. (A whole lot of liquor)

`

21 Likes

I made a sorta tom kha gai with leftover poached chicken and broth. It was really good, actually!

22 Likes

Want

1 Like

Enfrijoladas

20 Likes

Nice here in the suburbs of Philly. We are blessed with only one cat, Simba, but cdc walks him on a leash with a harness every day. They both love it. Too distracted by the weather to cook much so nibbling on a premade hoagie from Wegmans tonite

5 Likes

Kheema Mutter - Spicy ground beef with peas and chilies (made with cumin, coriander, ginger, garlic, turmeric and chili) served with oven roasted zucchini and rice

16 Likes

Homemade Spicy Miso Ramen with Chashu pork, kimchi, soy-marinated eggs, and seaweed laver. I forgot to put the green onions on top until after I took the picture. I also overcooked the egg because I was doing other things waiting for the water to boil. Next time I will watch until the water boils. Which means it never will. :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

I used this 12-hour tonkatsu broth recipe. It was a labor of love. And so, this ramen took two days to make. Good news is that I now have 8 servings of the broth. Well, seven now. I used a combo of this and this recipes for spicy miso tare to spice the broth. I am going to look for Japanese/Chinese sesame paste. The second recipe writer said that tahini wasn’t a good substitute and that I could use natural, unsweetened peanut butter. But I only had chunky normal- read: laden with sugar- peanut butter and knew it wouldn’t work. I thought I had some natural almond butter but I couldn’t find it. Anyway, I will keep refining this recipe until it is exactly like I want.

Still, it was delicious.

20 Likes

Gai Yang — Thai Grilled Chicken

Only have these metal skewers here so tried to do it up as close as I could as you get on the streets in Bangkok. Chopped up and served with sticky rice, papaya salad, the tamarind/toasted sticky rice sauce, and a sweet chili sauce.

26 Likes