What's for Dinner - #81 - the Planting Month - May 2022

They really are the best frozen fries out there.

1 Like
5 Likes

Finally got a hold of some ramps, so dinner tonight was a ramp and mushroom saute, tossed with mushroom ravioli (store bought - Rana) and Parmesan. Delicious!

25 Likes

Oh yum. I just ordered ramps and 5 pounds of mixed mushrooms which will be delivered on Friday so I’ve started a list of what to do with them. I hope you don’t mind if I add this - it sounds and looks delicious.

1 Like

Certainly! I hope you enjoy it if you do make it!

1 Like

Linda beat me to it. The brand is so popular in our Fb WFD group that I used the shorthand, not thinking about where I was posting. My bad :slight_smile:

They really are the best. For oven fries.

2 Likes

Are they sold in grocery stores? I’m not familiar with that brand…

i’m not a fan. and not just because they’re oven fries. they’re just ok to me.

1 Like

The biftekia were a little tough.

Didn’t make the Olivieh.

20 Likes

It looks really good! BTW, what do Persian pickles taste like?

1 Like

Tonight was a bit of a mishmash, pizza with peppers and onions and chicken cutlets.

24 Likes

Roasted “shrimp my way” ( mostly berbere + garlic+ crushed red pepper) and rice. Last of the parsley.

26 Likes

The ones I’ve tried are turnip pickles or cucumber pickles (they’re called toorshi), and they’re salty. The cucumber pickles have an alum taste a bit like kosher dills.

3 Likes

Yum

Spinach salad and lasagne soup tonight. Salad was great, but soup recipe needs tweaking. Cooked extra for a longtime friend(s) whose husband just got a bad Dx. Will deliver tomorrow & H will help with their spring yard work.

22 Likes

Japanese style mapo tofu and a bowl of rice

25 Likes

Roasted pork tenderloin with pomegranate sauce, sweet & spicy Moroccan carrots. Romaine wedge salad, red onion, celery, avocado, pickled beets, blue cheese with honey mustard dressing.

21 Likes

BF cooked tonight, an excellent feast of Bourbon Chicken and Takoyaki (balls of wheat with squid, air-fried).

Bourbon Chicken is one of those meals with an identity crisis. Is it Cajun? Some recipes say it is because of the Bourbon Street connection. Or is it Asian? The flavor definitely gives off this vibe. The last time I had it? Offered to me via toothpick as a free sample at a mall food court many years ago. This was decidedly better. As BF cooked while I watched the hockey game (an eventual heartbreaking loss :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:), he brought me a piece of the chicken…on a toothpick. Heaven.

Stoli rocks to drink.

24 Likes

Something DIFFERENT for dinner at this Oriental household tonight!..a homemade, customized thin crust pizza with San Marzano Tomato Puree, Mozzarella, Spinach, Mushroom, Anchovies and Prosciutto. Super crispy and gloriously salty!!

For good measure, added a baked French Onion Soup!

23 Likes

Lovely pizza!! Do you mind sharing your dough recipe and the way you cooked it? Here at home, H is the one that specializes in pizza cooking, but he makes only Napolitain style pizza, and refuses all requests for other styles.