What's for Dinner - #81 - the Planting Month - May 2022

#faints

Yo I am from Philly too. Been a crazy spring. Making cheesesteaks for dinner tonight

1 Like

I also posted last night on the old thread, so we were in good company. :wink:

2 Likes

My good friend brought us dinner tonight. I could get used to this :wink:

23 Likes

Your good friends are probably amazing! I’m imagining what they brought?, and from the fortune cookies my fantasy includes something Chinese.

3 Likes

Mrs. P made crispy soft shell crab, using self rising flour, and a side of roasted mini and shishito peppers. It was topped with a delicious sauce of fresh herbs, capers, and white vermouth. We started off with homemade guacamole and chips. It all went great with an excellent Spanish red blend.

24 Likes

You forgot to remove the lids before taking photos! Ha! :laughing: All we see are ’ water condensation’!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Each picture is better than the last. And your feline is scrumptious

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Stunning! And I love the greens/capers visual effect – looks like sea greens.

2 Likes

Last night for Cinco de Mayo, we had Birria tacos for the 1st time. They were interesting and good, but not sure we’ll repeat; think when craving those flavors will make Chile Colorado to scratch that particular itch. No fun drinks of any kind either! The day kind of sneaked up, unfortunately.

17 Likes

@Sasha - how did your hot and sour soup turn out? Just love it, and our PNW weather lately makes it welcome still.

@retrospek - the hot n sour I make varies a lot, depending what I have on hand. Usually always have tofu, some kind of chicken or pork, mushrooms, and will use frozen veg too - peas, edamame, etc. It goes together pretty fast when using boxed broth, and some frozen veg at least. I don’t typically have all the fab goodies at the same time, at least since Covid.

4 Likes

Thank you @jiaozi :pray:

1 Like

Kurobuta tomahawk pork chops with sour cherry sauce. Roasted asparagus.

Cherries from our tree (from frozen) and asparagus from the garden.

20 Likes

BF defrosted my carnitas “mother” (leftover from a few different carnitas makings) and braised chunks of pork shoulder in it for a few hours. Hot sauce was something I picked up from a restaurant where one of the bus boys served it to me, said it was his own. I asked if he could sell me some and he said sure! Really good - kind of fruity, smokey, nice and creamy. I’m going to have to ask his secret next time. Or just keep buying it from him.

carnitas bowls 3

22 Likes

You cast your bread upon the waters.

3 Likes

oh goodness i LURVVVE birria tacos! i’ve only made them once and ruined them by accidentally putting too much clove in, but I’m going to make them again. But there are a ton of places near me that make them really well… What didn’t you love about them?

4 Likes

Rigatoni alla carbonara

21 Likes

Yum :100:

3 Likes

BF made us breakfast for dinner. Pancakes with an awesome cinnamon apple topping. Side of Amylu chicken breakfast sausage.

20220506_222615

I made cheesey hash browns in the wok because there weren’t enough carbs. :rofl: We shared this.

20220506_220720

22 Likes