What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Found that crust at our local Kroger. I am so happy.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. Think Ive only seen them selling naan, didn’t put two and two together. Will def be on lookout for this

3 Likes

After working all day cleaning the siding, windows, front porch and back deck, dinner for me is salad and two cheese sticks leftover from last night’s take out. Eating out on the back deck.

24 Likes

I gather by the looks on the critters faces they didn’t get anything? :wink:

1 Like

@jon914 you have swiftly become one of my personal cooking heros.

1 Like

Shrimp seasoned with s/p, ground sumac, and Italian herbs, sauteed and served over Israeli couscous and peas with a lemon, white wine and Dijon sauce drizzled on top.

Wine.

26 Likes

Tried a new approach to spaghetti today: spaghetti al’ assassina or killer spaghetti.
Like this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lacucinaitaliana.com/amp/italian-food/italian-dishes/spaghetti-assassina-dish-from-bari-die-for

Instead of boiling the pasta and then adding sauce, you fry the dry pasta in oil with garlic and tomato paste until the pasta just blackens in spots, and, like for risotto, you keep adding ladlefuls of simmering pasta sauce+stock mixed, until done. Serve with charred and quick-pickled peppers. Optional grated parmesan on top. Without the parmesan, it’s vegan.

I used regular Barilla spaghetti, lots of garlic, my favourite spicy Arabbiata store bought sauce + carton of veg stock. Added baby spinach for some veg boost.
This made a very tasty end product, little bit of char and chew on the pasta, and the sauce is integral to the dish rather than plated atop the pasta. I loved the peppers!

I think this is a fun variation on a common dish.

In the picture you see the pasta, the peppers, and leftover sprouts salad from yesterday.

24 Likes

Fantastic! I wish I could grow them in Boston. Or maybe I could but I do not have a green thumb…I’ve killed 2 air plants in the last 2 years. :grinning:

2 Likes

The wife and I originally wanted to go out tonight and try somewhere new. After debating all afternoon we were both defeated at trying to find the “right” place I said: “Forget it! Tell me anything you want to eat tonight and I’ll make it. She requested chicken Diane (which ins’t really a Diane but she calls it that. This use to be a signature dish at one of my restaurants which I would prepare table side with filet mignon) and I felt like a good ole my strip.

Sauce is garlic&shallots- cracked pepper corn - mushrooms - flambé with brandy (I used Jack Honey) - brown gravy (I used canned…shhhh) - Dijon mustard - add more brandy to taste!

Served over a bed of garlic butter egg noodles

Sear time:

Flambé

Little known fact: Any meal served with broccoli is automatically a “healthy meal”.

Perfect:

Tuck it into bed

Chicken for the Mrs

31 Likes

That looks so good. I never would have thought to mix Israeli couscous with peas, but, being the same size, they look perfect!

2 Likes

You are correct :slightly_smiling_face: They did get bananas and Kong Peanut butter though, so they were happy.

1 Like

This is the same technique as making Mexican sopa seca de fideos and Catalan fideua. I love both those dishes!

4 Likes

Thanks! Good to learn about these new-to-me delicacies.
In retrospect it seems like a logical step in technique. And I admit that I broke the spaghetti noodles in half to fit in my pan.

2 Likes

Another grill night. Blsl chicken thighs, asparagus with sauce gribiche, caesar salad.
A G&T so I could use my citrus squeezer gadget and a Gibson.

22 Likes

Had some kale that needed using, so a Minestrone it was. Toasted the tail ends of some homemade stirato and sourdough to mop things up.

Tomatoes (canned last season) and greens from the garden.

23 Likes

New York Strip and fava bean and sugar snap pea salad. Hopefully not the last of this gardens peas.

29 Likes
5 Likes

That is a good one. I really like their bubbly as well.

1 Like

I could very contentedly eat at your house indefinitely.

1 Like