What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

I like his hack - turns out well.

:rofl: Adorable terminology

2 Likes

If you want to save labor, you could do the liquid step in the Instant Pot or a pressure cooker.

I got mine at Sam’s Club and have been babying it with a grow light. It drops a lot of leaves but has been sprouting new ones to keep up :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

I’ll have that, please. Yum :grin:

Last night I made myself a California roll bowl as I had an overripe avocado to use. It was just OK - DH made the sushi rice and it came out berry sticky and unbalanced (to me). I was also a few cocktails in so couldn’t really complain. No pic.

4 Likes

Right? When I combined them in the pot before plating, I thought “how nice that it’s symmetrical!”

And it was pure happenstance, as I didn’t want Brussels sprouts, broccoli, green beans or asparagus as my green veg last night (what was in my fridge) and pulled out the rest of the bag of baby peas from the freezer to cook. The couscous was left over from an earlier meal and I just dumped it into the hot water with the peas to heat up before draining and seasoning.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I love that a drink is made so a new gadget can be used. But of course!

3 Likes

That’s a good suggestion. I do use my pressure cooker a lot, but in this case the timing works without it.
I first set the stock+sauce on to simmer on a back burner. By the time I finished frying the garlic etc. and toasting the dry pasta, the stock+sauce was simmering very nicely. So the timing worked out.

1 Like

Oh that soup looks wonderful! And with homegrown produce, no less. I’ve got extra (Costco tub) spinach to use up. Thanks for the idea.

It was good, but also made me want to make a more spring-like version. I’ve a few good recipes for something a bit lighter, and have put them on my list to make soon.

6 Likes

Greek Easter dinner is beginning - 2 legs of lamb prepped and a crudite and dip offering, made by DD2, featuring A Roman’s The Dip. More pics later.

23 Likes

Opa! What’s the coating on the lamb to the left?

2 Likes

Happy Greek Easter to you Ernie! Lamb on left is coated with our all time favorite mixture of olive oil, garlic, Dijon, oregano, rosemary, and a Parmesan bread crumb mixture. Actually we usually use tarragon, some mint and Greek oregano. but H decided to mix it up today. Not traditional, but what we like. The second has sun dried tomatoes, garlic, Greek oregano and basil, olive oil too. Copious garlic in both, and H decided to debone. Things are smelling good! If you lived closer, you would be welcome at dinner!

7 Likes

Ευχαριστώ πολύ! I have a lamb steak sous-viding now, with pilafi and Greek salad to come.

9 Likes

Dinner tonight was the last of the hanger steak with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

19 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was shrimp and snow peas poached in tomato sauce served over rice.

20 Likes

Sunday sawce to feed me and my freezer.

So spaghetti WWFD.
Garlic bread made from half a Jessica’s Brick Oven sourdough loaf.

Wine was my current favorite, Silk & Spice, a mostly Portuguese red blend.

25 Likes

We made camarones al ajillo with smoky pepper blend and plenty of Aleppo chili, sauteed CSA spinach (I’ve never had such delicious, flavorful spinach!), and CSA mixed greens with blue cheese and crispy shallots. Those would have been better with vinaigrette.

22 Likes

Oh, dear.

4 Likes