What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

Cha Ca La Vong

28 Likes

That is the most gorgeous food pic I have seen in a very long time, which is saying something on this thread!!

5 Likes

Agreed!

Steakhouse at home tonight.

My brother froze and brought a couple of T-bones (already cooked sous vide), So I finally got around to making the meal to go with.

We had sautéed mushrooms, garlic broccoli, truffled mashed potatoes, pan-grilled onions, and a gravy made with the juices from the vacuum packet. Mom had baked pasta in a herbed béchamel with the vegetable sides.

The steak was amazing (have to ask whether it was SRF or wagyu or something else - he’s very particular as it is and this was specially for dad…). And the gravy was surprisingly fantastic.

20 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, at what stage was the picture of the steak taken? Also SRF? ISnake River Farms?)

Post sous vide pre sear.
(Yes on SRF)

1 Like

Stuffed cabbage roll from a Polish deli I visited over the weekend, oil and salt roasted potato with TPSTOB, cucumber salad with sour cream and fresh dill.

20 Likes

Cheeseboigah on a brioche roll with ketchup on the bottom, cheeps on top, and more cheeps alongside.

Quick, easy, good.

20 Likes

Want. Welll I prefer regular chips but that is because my dad’s bar always had the ruffled ones. Are you getting some of the nice weather too like we are gifted with here in Penna?

1 Like

I started out making an asparagus, tarragon, and scallion quiche, but by the time I added leftover egg from blind-baking the crust, as well as a little extra bechamel I had from another project, I ended up with too much filling, and a decidly un-quiche-like one, at that. Only about half the egg mixture made it into the pie over the layers of veggies and cheese.

Mini-pie-pan to the rescue. Ended up with a crusted tart for tonight’s dinner, and a small souffle which we immediately ate warm out of the oven.

Store-bought crust. Veggies and herbs from the garden.

21 Likes

Nice pivot for the save!

4 Likes

Dinner was Milkstreet’s version of Peruvian Steak Stir-Fry with Onions and Tomatoes (Lomo Saltado) over plain jasmine rice with a side of cold veggie salad. The recipe called for a red onion but I automatically grabbed a yellow. Next time!

It is a keeper although I think I would like it better with pork shoulder.

22 Likes

Mmmmmmm. Now that is what I am talking about! Oh yeah littleflower is fine now. Relieved.

What a day. Wind and sleet this morning on my way to town, this afternoon, thunder, lightening and hail. I need bourbon and soup. Albondigas, warn tortilla chips and salad of mixed greens, radish, avocado, green onion with ranch and tajin dressing. There was bourbon.

24 Likes

Nice

BF making his now-specialty again - smash burgers! he added tomatoes this time, and made the crispiest, lightest onion rings ever. i completely ignored that potato salad. :slightly_smiling_face:

25 Likes

ooh albondigas! need to make some of that!

1 Like

beautiful!

and what a great idea to use pork shoulder. I’ve tasted lomo saltado 100 times and usually find the beef too tough. i may have to copy your idea someday soon.

1 Like

what nice plating! i am usually puzzled by food not touching each other, but here it’s so artful.

and nice use of the acronym. :slightly_smiling_face: very befitting, that tater looks scrumptious.

2 Likes

Nom. Thinking about making myself a Negroni soon. >clink<