What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

Pad woon sen, tofu with ginger, scrambled eggs with lion’s mane mushrooms. The first two from Simple Thai Cooking!

PXL_20220420_033348597

19 Likes

On Fridays I get take out for lunch so I have a lighter dinner. Lunch today was a glass noodle salad for lunch so I had a garden salad.

21 Likes

Leftover poblano chicken baked spaghetti with side of dressed microgreens. Oreo thins and some chocolates and caramels my DH brought back from Portland, OR for dessert.

9 Likes

Crazy week. Needed some pampering for my tummy.

Pan-seared duck breast with a blackberry sauce, Israeli couscous and steamed asparagus.

Oh yeah. Wine.

28 Likes

That duck is a thing of beauty :heart_eyes: The fat was perfectly rendered on the crispy skin.

4 Likes

We enjoyed another al fresco dinner on the deck. Mrs. P made sausage, peppers and onions using Andouille sausage. It went great with an excellent Spanish GSM.

24 Likes

Grilled in the rain, under cover though. Beef/chorizo patty and asparagus. Aji verde for the patty and Tajin/cotija for the asparagus. Fried patatas, salad was romaine wedge with olives, orange pepper, shallots, cherry tomato, sherry vinegar & oo dressing.

18 Likes

Mesquite-grilled Peruvian chicken kebabs with a garlic-lime crema. Peruvian rice. Roasted red peppers (from a jar).

22 Likes

BF made his own pho tonight, using ramen noodles and three types of mushroom. I’d bought thinly sliced brisket from 99 Ranch. Turned out great, although I asked for less broth in mine as too much tends to fill me up quickly. i did, however, give mine two good squirts of Kewpie mayo, ala David Chang, et al.'s, ramen and mayo. Much to the BF’s chagrin. But I could still taste his lovely broth, with flavors of star anise, cinnamon, ginger, etc.

so full anyway, as I’d had lunch out with a couple of friends - Spanish charcuteria and brussels sprouts roasted with anchovies we split, and I had a salad with prosciutto cotto, shaved veggies, cherry tomatoes, croutons, and salad greens. Oof.

24 Likes

Long stupid day today and another one tomorrow. Canadian bacon, two eggs, saltpeppahketchup, and cheese on white toast.

Some chips on the side. No booze. Not in the mood!

28 Likes

that sammie tho… that egg!

5 Likes

Totally agree!

1 Like

At least you had some good-looking food, and maybe some booze would help with your mood…

1 Like

I really like Tajín + asparagus

3 Likes

Last year’s black sea bass with snow peas and water chestnuts. Looking forward to this year’s catch which will be cooked with a lighter touch as this version slightly masked the fish.

18 Likes

Hickory smoked pork rib, bbq beans, dill potato salad and watermelon

22 Likes

Spent a nice day with my sister antiquing on the South Shore. Found another picture to go in my half bath. :wink:

Stopped at my local butcher when I got home for some boneless pork chops for dinner tonight. The chops in the case were looking a little past their prime, so I asked if they had any more in the back. The kid said he could go cut some more.

This was the result…4 chops all at this thickness. LOL Yes, it’s two meals for each chop for me!

Made a creamy garlic white wine sauce for the chops, some Herbs de Provence roasted potatoes, and steamed green beans.

Wine. And a pic of a weeping cherry tree in my sister’s neighbor’s yard that the previous (late) owner had planted many years ago. He’s not around to see it, but my sister and BIL enjoy it from their family room.

22 Likes

What are those “cabins for rent”? They look like outhouses.

2 Likes

Steak,

perogies

and

maroulosalata

21 Likes

Shells and cheese and garlic sauteed rainbow mix. A few snacky things beforehand. Just me and the kiddo tonight.

21 Likes