What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

I fully realize that this is not for everyone–because of the price–but I use a double-cut grinder that uses the Unger system. It grind s the meat for 4 hamburgers in one minute. Nothing overheats.

2 Likes

Good for you for standing up for Johnnie. Sometimes it takes a person who is familiar with the situation yet removed to make a difference.

2 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was risotto with mushrooms and sundried tomatoes.

20 Likes

Pasta alla gricia with bacon, kale and Pecorino Romano. Sun-dried tomatoes and kalamata olives on the side.

Kale from the garden.

23 Likes

Came home from a rainy, hour+ walk from work to this homey comfort food dinner by the BF. TPSTOB AND mushroom gravy on those taters. this is how i know he loves me.

Someday I’ll cook again. maybe…

27 Likes

Sort of “Easy pan roasted chicken breast” from Serious Eats"

20 Likes

That looks delicious! I regret not ordering pasta alla gricia in Rome in 2017!

1 Like

Long day, late getting home. Pizza was wfd. Rao’s pizza sauce, Italian sausage, onion, garlic, mozzarella, anchovies, baby bells, mushrooms, Parmesan and dried oregano. Salad, romaine, tomato, cucumber, red onion, maple, balsamic dressing.

“I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow” - Spiral Staircase

21 Likes

Spinach-lentil salad with pine nuts, dried tomatoes and an olive oil, aceto balsamico, maple syrup, dijon mustard dressing. Served with some seared baked teriyaki tofu and oven roasted rosemary-bread chips (from our spelt-whole wheat bread)

17 Likes

thank you so much, I guess I am hungry for a bit of validation right now. I can explain my super secret tech. I have read that often memory starts around age seven. Nope. I can remember my mother before I had a name for her. I can remember my mom taking my highchair outside and feeding me cut up strawberries on the highchair tray in the warm sun. Remembering all my childhood from an early age makes my interactions with children easy peasy. #thanksagain

3 Likes

Are we allowed to post songs here? I have some The Botanist gin here but I find the cork annoying. I will deal somehow>

I want that!

Sounds awesome. Gonna try my cheapie electric grinder from lidl to get my feet wet. Wait why do my feet have to get wet? I have heard that cutting the meat into chunks and then half freezing them helps. Also running bread slices afterward to clean. #cluelessnearphilly

Doh. That meat grinder was only like 25 smackers but this is what I love about most food forums. Members give it to you straight. I have seen the hand crank versions too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntbYrGoHfoY

1 Like

Awesome. At howard johnson’s way back in the day my order was chopped steak rare. And an ice cream soda. I am a purist I think. I finally plunked down 24.00 at the reading terminal market for a lobster roll. I ate it but basically as fuel. Lobster meat Maybe dunked in melted butter but maybe not tastes so much better to me.

2 Likes

Mashed potatoes are the best thing on earth. Well, except my dog Harley.

1 Like

Hope you have a lovely Easter Linda!

The salmon looked awful at the store yesterday, so I’m going to try to recreate my favourite Croatian restaurant’s pasta with octopus, shrimp and lemon , with frozen octopus and shrimp I have in the freezer.

The dish is called spaghettini alla Leonardo at Joso’s in Toronto.

6 Likes

No pics, but dinner last night was a chicken parm sandwich and tater tots for him and fried belly clams and tots for me from a local place, The Chateau. Very good for my first bellies of the season!

8 Likes

Thanks Maria! It’s a relief to have it behind us now, but yes, gratifying, with a good outcome, and overdue visits with close and (far family? far out family?) :upside_down_face: Can’t wait to catch up on WFD the past 2 months!

3 Likes