What's for Dinner #78 - The Hearts, Candy, Flowers & Slushy Snow Edition - February 2022

thank you! sweet of you to say…

I really like it. I didn’t salt the beans at ALL during the cooking process of 3 hours (last time, I oversalted them :frowning: ), and just had s/p sprinkled over the beans, sausage, and spinach near the end of heating everything.

1 Like

the flu! after all this time, almost forgot about the flu.
hope you’re feeling much better!

1 Like

YEAH, you’re back! That looks amazing - and glad you’re feeling better!

1 Like

Yea . It was your typical wrap around head ache, chills , muscle aches , minor sore throat.

2 Likes

BBQ pork butt, made sliders with pulled pork and cole slaw. Used @johntannerbbq recipe from the blog. Came out great.

13 Likes

Excellent!

2 Likes

I was a little worried that the slow burning coals would give it charcoal smell, but had some hickory chunks and chips so came out nice and smokey. I see why you’d never want to use lighter fluid coals.

glad it’s over and not the “other thing.”

2 Likes

for the love of … omygod that looks amazing.

3 Likes

Pasties, yard chard
IMG_1672
IMG_1670
IMG_1673

16 Likes

Hickory is magic. I’m glad it worked so well You obviously Took care and paid attention.

That crust looks phenomenal

Drool, that looks luscious.

1 Like

I made open-faced broccolini and mushroom melts with picante and smoked provolone. Side of au jus and blistered shishitos. 800ish calories.

18 Likes

Lardy, lardy, lardy! Actually, half butter, half lard.

1 Like

BF took our leftover carnitas and made them into enmoladas with leftover enchilada sauce from the freezer and adding ground mole from our last trip to Mexico City. He doctored up canned black refrieds, and served my leftover rice and avo crema on the side. muy bueno!

carnitas enmoleadas rice & beans

16 Likes

Enmoladas? Why have I never heard of them. Looks delicious , something new for me to try.

3 Likes

Seared bl pork chop with bbq sauce, fully loaded cauli and coleslaw.

14 Likes

Tortillas, refried pinto beans, scrambled eggs, and rice, with guacamole, crema, and salsa Mexicana.

18 Likes