What's for Dinner #76 - the HO "Ho, Ho, Ho" Edition - December 2021

LOL! I’ve gotten to a point where I just say Eff It. I’ll go to sleep when I’m tired of the Hoopla. The boyz are totally fine with the lack of hoopla, as am I. :wink:

6 Likes

We dallied around trying to decide on what kind of outside food to bring in. So, of course, wound up cooking at home. Prawn scampi over fettuccini. Garlicky wine/butter sauce, juicy chunks of jumbo prawns. Husband and I don’t agree on prawn cooking. He likes his toothsome, aka, WELL DONE, while I like mine just cooked though, with a juicy bite. I convinced him to just nuke his portions for 30 seconds to achieve his doneness. A really good do., if I do say so.

9 Likes

Ugh. I’m seeing a lot of gobbledygook in my NY Eve post and I’m not seeing the pics I posted.

Is this what others are seeing?

Yes, great way to accommodate everyone. We don’t usually have a problem, but if anyone does want something more done, into the MW for a few seconds. Totally works.

1 Like

Yes,

1 Like

Bombay Sapphire Gibson on the rocks, tipsy onions.

More comfort food. A bowl of pasta, mini penne, with an Italian sausage, onion, garlic, a splash of red wine, roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, capers and red chile sauce. Warm seeded sourdough roll, butter, green salad with tomato, cucumber, onion, o&v dressing. Wine, there will be bubbles at midnight if I last that long.

12 Likes

Fish egg tacos with crème fraîche, boiled egg, chives, shallots, potato blini, and vodka.

Cheers and happy new year everyone!

15 Likes

Let’s try one last post for my meal last night since the previous one didn’t take.

I chose tapas for NY Eve. Actually, across the day. I started in the mid-afternoon with an early afternoon Scooby Snack of some manchego, membrillo, rosemary Marcona almonds, red grapes, all drizzled with some Mike’s Hot Honey.

Some of Dali’s sangria came in the middle. A helpful start to prep of the rest of the tapas.

Next tapa was Patatas Bravas with Garlic Alioli on top.

About an hour later was Albondigas de Cordero - Lamb Meatballs with Mint and Tomato Sauce with grated Manchego on top, with sliced baguette to sop up the sauce. Finally, Espinaca a la Catalana…sauteed spinach with toasted Mediterranean pine nuts, garlic, raisins, and Aleppo pepper.

I ended with Licor 43 as my dessert. I made it to midnight to hear fireworks go off in my neighborhood.

Happy New Year to all. And here’s hoping for a better year then the past two have been.

19 Likes

The January 2022 thread is here.

4 Likes

I did not see this one coming!

2 Likes

I want that! Sounds delicious.

1 Like

As expected, we did not complete the ambitious menu we had planned because we were just too stuffed. What made it out was BFs Chorizo cheese dip and Mozzarella arepas, mom’s pepperoni stuffed mushrooms, our dumplings we had frozen from last week, and the ubiquitous “Pigs in Blankets”. I always preferred being home on New Year’s Eve, not wanting to be traveling around with all the drunks and amateurs. Seriously, who wants to be out on such a night?

IMG_20211231_234925_367

Arepa action:

IMG_20211231_234925_632

Drinks:

IMG_20211231_234925_988

And of course…

17 Likes

Wow - everything looks wonderful!

1 Like

Glad the pigs made it onto the menu!

2 Likes

A Last Word to end 2021.

13 Likes

Wonderful still life!

2 Likes

Had I seen that cocktail soon enough to be inspired, I would have tweaked it just a bit and renamed it A Last Blasphemous Word, as a goodbye salute to 2021.

3 Likes

Waaaa?? OHH!

1 Like

Care to share the chorizo queso recipe? Looks divine!

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #77 - the “Let’s Start Anew” Edition - January 2022