What's for Dinner #76 - the HO "Ho, Ho, Ho" Edition - December 2021

It’s a Kalorik Air Fryer that also does like 10 other things (baking, grilling, proofing, etc) and comes with a variety of gadgets, even a special tray for bacon. Goes up to 500 degrees (my last one was only 400). Supposedly it makes a great steak but we will have to see about that!

3 Likes

Aside from the dumpling adventure, there was actual Christmas dinner: chicken cutlets, sour cream mashed potatoes, green beans Almondine, BFs Mac and Cheese. Apps: mom’s stuffed artichokes and shrimp cocktail. We were all over the place today.

21 Likes

Sleeping in ends tomorrow. :sleeping: Back to work for 4 days of the year-end stuff. :flushed:

So an easy dinner that’ll give me a couple of work lunches: Sauteed chicken and broccoli with garganelli pasta in a Parma Rosa sauce.

Damn straight there was wine.

17 Likes

Used my leftover beans with bacon, pork chops and duck to create a leftovers cassoulet, topped with breadcrumbs, and used some duck fat to fry some cabbage to make a makeshift haluski.

16 Likes

Well - I should hope so!

4 Likes
4 Likes

Back up/ understudy chicken.

14 Likes

Not the most attractive dinner:

Leftover prime rib from dinner with the fam, leftover beef jus, broccolini, frozen Trader Joe’s hash browns with ketchup.

Yes there was wine.

14 Likes

Pastel Azteca with corn tortillas, tomatillos, poblano chili, chicken thighs, corn, cilantro, cumin, creme fraiche, monterey jack, cotija cheese - the poblanos had more heat than usual but added a nice bite to the dish

15 Likes

That sounds tasty!

1 Like

Last night was very economical as it involved leftovers and emptying the fridge. The chicken breasts that survived Christmas were breaded and air-fried. Delicious as they came out, I don’t want to see chicken for a few days. :dizzy_face:

Roasted some potatoes in my new roasting pan. Generic shot:

16 Likes

OMG, Schmorgurken! They’re even hard to find outside of German regions where they’re et (like Berlin or Brandenburg) – or at least that was the case where I grew up.

Your treatment of them is decidedly exotic. I’ve only ever had them stuffed with ground beef.

1 Like

LOL! That line sounds familiar. :wink:

3 Likes

:joy: :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Quickie dinner - fish fillets with tartar sauce, tots with ketchup, steamed broccoli and cauliflower with Bleu cheese dressing, and green salad with white wine honey-mustard vinaigrette. Molasses cookie for dessert.

13 Likes

Dinner last night - beef and barley vegetable soup made with stock from the leftover prime rib bones from Xmas dinner. Satisfying after the indulgent feast.

A small grilled cheese too.

12 Likes

Stolen right off your damn plate.

IMG_0934

Bagel with whitefish salad, onion & tomato. Artichoke hearts. Herring in cream sauce. Pickles. Endive with cream cheese & caviar.

12 Likes

Italian sausage. Skin removed . Finely chopped. Added chopped ham . Bread with a little milk . Whisked a egg. Flattened then added smoked gouda with some basil leaves. Rolled it like sushi in parchment paper. Cooked in the oven . Topped with sauteed mushrooms. Over polenta cakes . Cheers .:wine_glass: The truth after pulling the rolled sausage out of the oven I’m sitting in a room of acrid smoke . It totally fell apart after opening. The rest of the sides were meh . I’m going to pull the curtains and reinstall myself. My cooking has been horrible lately. Going back to square one . Lol .

12 Likes

Don’t beat yourself up, it happens to most of us time to time. Better luck tomorrow when you reinstall your next version! But I’m sure the cheese was excellent.

4 Likes

Silver lining: Nowhere to go but up.

3 Likes