What's For Dinner #75 - the " Thanks and Giving Season" Edition - November 2021

Thank you, what a nice compliment. I have a lot of practice trying to please both :laughing:

4 Likes

Bon-Bini and good greetings from the beautiful island of Aruba. A place that we have visited well over 25+ times over the years and one that I plan on continuing to come to. Even my future son in law is on his 5th trip and this year my nephew who graduated law school and is awaiting his bar results. Congratulations to William!

After getting up at 3 am to catch a 7am flight tonight was grilling at the house. We have some beef tenderloin-lamb chops-chicken and steak marinated. Sautéed broccoli and some Mac n cheese on the side.
All delicious spent with the most important people, family! (Apparently I adopted a cat)

Uploading: 1D91C3A3-4221-4446-9D30-579EF57ED651.jpeg…

19 Likes

Tonight we had the pork I cooked yesterday (we ended up going out), cauli-jasmine rice with pork jus, green salad, and leftover garlic broccoli. Sauvignon Blanc.

16 Likes

Hungarian mushroom soup. Turned out delicious, and super, super rich, but I adjusted the seasoning quite a bit - it needed salt for me, and I also upped the paprika as well as the dill. it also took longer to reduce for me. i used 16 oz. of mini portobellas instead of crimini and added another 6 oz. of shiitakes, so it was extra shroomy. loved the lemon that goes in at the end.

My bowl with the roll with TPSTOB, of course, and the BF’s sad, untoasted, plain bread. Very, very good as a main course but i wouldn’t have been able to eat anything else. Maybe just a cup of it would be good next time, at the start of a meal.

19 Likes

Last night I had roast pork tenderloin with fig chutney, baked yam swimming in butter and green salad with apple, Asian pear, celery, pistachios, honey mustard dressing. Dessert Was No time To Die, there is nothing yummier than Daniel Craig.

Tonight grilled NY strip & chimichurri sauce, fried potatoes, peppers, onions and a green salad, with pickled carrots, castelvetrano olives, red onion, Manchego cheese and sherry vinegar & oo dressing. There was a Boulevardier

19 Likes

Dandanmian with spinach and fried egg.

17 Likes

drooling…

3 Likes

What’s this? Dinner out two nights in a row???

Last night was at a favorite riverside seafood restaurant. I had the baked seafood combo while mom had seafood fra diavolo. There were cocktails as well.

Tonight, BF and I went to an Asian fusion restaurant we used to frequent before Covid. It’s been at least that long. Happy to see some of the same staff and that the food was still delicious. We shared steamed dumplings, a shrimp tempura roll, eel-avocado roll, and one entree which was the Thai curry chicken. I said this years ago when I first reviewed Nemo that they make one of my absolute favorite curries. The sauce is rich and flavorful and loaded with veggies: zucchini, red onion, potatoes, two kinds of mushrooms, string beans, and red pepper. There was no booze tonight but there was hot tea.

Will now commence to being a hermit again!

17 Likes

Frikadellen (German style flat meatballs) with a panko crust over potatoes and carrots in a vegetable-cream broth

17 Likes

Thanks to you, there’ll be dinner and a movie for my husband and me this weekend. Been waiting for this! :smiley:

3 Likes

Love mushroom soup. The difference between my version and this Hungarian version is the additional dill, soy sauce and paprika, will try it.

2 Likes

Roasted pork ribs, marinated with spicy doenjang soybean paste, chinese oyster sauce, Taiwanese black rice vinegar (ingredients include onion, orange and carrot juice and tomato paste, although I felt 5 spices), soy sauce, seasame oil, agave syrup and black pepper.

In the beginning, I found this black vinegar has a flavour profile a bit particular and not easy to use.
Now my bottle is finishing, I think I’ll get another one.

Ribs served with (black vinegar) beetroots and green salad.

16 Likes

and i don’t know about the soy, but the dill and paprika are what seem to make it Hungarian. That and the and addition of sour cream.

those ribs look fantastic!

1 Like

A week of a week.
Sales team in the office for the first time in over 2 years for two days.
Adding to my already busy schedule as year-end creep starts inching into view like The Blob.
On COVID watch for all incoming employees.
But it was good to see new and old employees in person.

So let’s start with the important stuff.

There. Was. Wine.

Wednesday night with two coworkers after the sales meeting was over.
Thursday night with my reheated tub of chili over leftover chopped spaghetti.
Friday night as soon as I walked in the door.
(Sorry, Finny and Alfie!)

Dinner tonight was secondary, but it was good. Couple of BISO chicken thighs were seasoned with olive oil and Penzeys’ Ozark seasoning mix, and into a 400° oven until cooked.

Brussels sprouts were halved and tossed with olive oil, s/p, a garlic/herb blend and roasted in the convection oven until they were almost done. Added some black fig paste to melt in the pan for the last 4-5 minutes or so.

Leftover Basmati rice alongside.

Did I mention There. Was. Wine?

19 Likes

Thank goodness! :smiley:

2 Likes

Chicken Rollatini (prosciutto, Provolone, Mozzarella, sautéed spinach) and mashed cauliflower with garlic and Pecorino Romano. Shockingly good if I do say so myself.

To drink: a couple of “French” martinis (gin, St. Germain, lime juice).

20 Likes

Mrs. P made her famous pan seared boneless quail breast salad with fresh figs, delicata squash, arugula, roasted mini peppers, and sauteed red onions, with a reduced balsamic syrup. For dessert we ordered and enjoyed a sensational 7 layer caramel cake from Carolines cakes in South Carolina. It was ordered through Goldbelly and arrived frozen in pristine condition in a tin container. It all went great with an excellent red blend.

16 Likes

Shocking, I say, just shocking!! (Looks delicious).

1 Like

Mole poblano with chicken, Mexi cauli rice and a salad of mixed greens, romaine, radish, avocado, green onion, black olive, ranch dressing sprinkled with Tajin. There was wine because I had drank all my tequila.

IMG_3953

17 Likes