What's For Dinner #75 - the " Thanks and Giving Season" Edition - November 2021

Every year there is a whale in the way or other . Those poor crab fishermen.

2 Likes

Two weeks of “It’s always something”. (Roseanne Roseannadanna was quite wise.)

With a lot of last minute impromptu somethings coming at me from all sides. Somehow, I got the major stuff done at work. However, I’m HR’d out. Trying to wrap up year-end stuff is brain-draining.

So there’s wine. Ohhh, yes…there’s wine! And I’m looking forward to ONLY working on Monday next week.

Dinner was my much needed standard Friday night dinner: a lovely large steak tip with Ballymaloe steak sauce, a half baked tater with TPSTOB&SC, and steamed asparagus.

And wine. Did I mention wine? TGIF.

17 Likes

There were no leftovers involved in tonight’s dinner. Roasted bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. Fried asparagus, no where near as perfect as @gcaggiano, but they were very good and I served them with aioli. Salad was mixed greens, radicchio, Asian pear, celery, sunflower seeds, sherry vinegar, oo and honey dressing.

18 Likes

Overspice this vs instinct - it’s supposed to be tangy and very flavorful, to offset the plainness of the bread.

Bread should be a bit squishy and griddled with butter till it browns a bit - brioche or dinner rolls are great, burger or hot dog buns will do in a pinch.

Raw minced onion and a generous pat of butter on top are “necessary” to the experience and the overall flavor :joy:

7 Likes

Okonomiyaki

PXL_20211120_025720673.PORTRAIT

16 Likes

Soba noodles with shrimp, oyster mushrooms and pea shoots. Tasted like take-out Chinese, which is what I was going for, so…yay.

IMG_0480

18 Likes

seriously, marry me. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Gosh … that’s my kinda dinner.

1 Like

I’m embarrassed having to ask…. which Hendrick’s is that? Googling!

1 Like

It’s the Lunar - not a favorite but i’d purchased three bottles of it when it came out because i thought I’d love it as much as their other special editions. It’s supposed to be floral but I don’t taste much of that. This is the last of it, and it’s fine when mixed with two other things.

2 Likes

:joy_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

Can you post the link again, Maria? Thanks!

1 Like

We had pork belly buns and papaya salad out. I made homemade spaghetti and had sorta yakisoba with crispy shallots when we got home.

16 Likes

Errand Day.
No surprise that it was bizy bizy bizy on the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

I survived Home Depot, CVS, and Market Basket.
I figured I’d be taking my life in my hands if I attempted BJs and Bath and Body Works this afternoon.
I’ll hit them up on Tuesday when I have the day off.

Cleaned the deck of both still-alive herbs and other dead plants and stored away furniture for the winter. We’ll see how well the thyme, rosemary, and parsley remain alive indoors with minimal sunlight in my dining room.

Soaked a couple of large BISO chicken thighs in plain buttermilk for 2 hours, then drained and tossed with some Dixie Fry mix for oven baked fried chicken.

The veg was sauteed green beans, red bell pepper and onions with some Penzeys Tuscan Sunset seasoning with added Aleppo pepper since they removed it, and a bit of s/p.

And wine.

18 Likes

You have been a busy girl, and dinner looks good! I’m not familiar with the Dixie Fry Mix - is it seasoned flour, or do you make a batter out of it? Your post jogged my memory to order some fry mix, which I’ve been meaning to do. :+1: Am familiar with Autry’s from friends in NC; other than tempura type mixes, fry mixes are nearly non existent up here.

2 Likes

DH cooked tonight. We ate late. There was wine and college football. Red wine and dried fruit braised duck legs on buttered egg noodles with parsley…

19 Likes

Looks delish! Did your house smell heavenly?

1 Like

Roasted pork tenderloin with figs

Sort of like this.

16 Likes

We enjoyed another fabulous dinner at Bistro D’Azur in South Orange, NJ. We enjoyed steak frites with filet mignon, coq au vin, lobster crepes, tuna nicoise, fruit de mer, and the always awesome Spanish chips. It all went great with an excellent Spanish Priorat and Argentinian Malbec.

13 Likes

Swoon! Was one of the pictures lobster crepes? I pretty much ate each picture.

2 Likes