What's For Dinner #74 - The Long "Fall Into Darkness, Warmth & Comfort" Edition - October 2021

I don’t rcv many recipe emails like you but if that dish was inspired from one of them…then sign me up. I have a lemon chicken dish I’ve been procrastinating on…just too unmotivated.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Hey! Introduce the components please. Broccoli, of course; some marinara or cocktail sauce?? A slaw? And the fried/baked :potato: ? Sorry, I’m hungry. I need details. :sob:

1 Like

that soup looks fantastic.

1 Like

Me too. Plus all the chat about piccata had me craving, so chicken piccata with thin spaghetti it was. Caprese salad with the last of the garden tomatoes and garlic bread.

18 Likes

Where’s the drinks? :rage:

Edited to add: Could you give more info on the chicken piccata? I’m toying with a double lemon chicken dish and still pulling in ideas.

1 Like

My liver and kidneys are on a brief hiatus .
Dredged the pounded half chicken breast in seasoned flour and sauteed in oo and butter, set aside. Sauteed shallot and garlic added white wine and once it was reduced added a squeeze of lemon, chicken broth and capers. Oh and more butter to finish.

7 Likes

I’ll beat you into dialysis, amateur! Ready? Go!

:racing_car:….

Ps…thanks for the chicken info. Much of which I’m planning. So, once I post my world famous chicken dish you can legally demand attribution!

2 Likes

Mac & Cheese is very assuaging on the second chilly day when you STILL have no electricity. I used cavateppi, cheddar and gruyere, and i followed the Serious Eats method where you don’t make a roux first. Far be it for me to not want to add butter, but it turned out super smooth and creamy. I toasted panko in butter (there’s the butter quotient!) and we spread that over the top in our bowls. Aidell’s mushroom/bacon/swiss smoked chicken sausage (new favorite - never thought I’d say that about a chicken sausage), and the BF’s sauteed zucchini on the side.

18 Likes

Roast beef and Provolone sub from Jersey Mike’s to eat while watching the Rangers game. Unfortunately there was no win tonight. :rage:

16 Likes

Roast chicken and corn bread stuffing sort of . Could be strata.

19 Likes

Looks great

Brocoli, marinara sauce, meatballs (halved), Greek orzo salad

6 Likes

I print out recipes to try when I see someone else post a link to something I think I’m going to like. The print-to-use ratio is probably 10:2. But HEY! At least I have them “just in case”, right? :wink:

4 Likes

I didn’t know it was World Pasta Day, but my brain must have told me surreptitiously last night, as I pulled out a small tub of sauce and made sketti and sauce for dinner last night.

6 Likes

Great minds! Our brains were tuned in to the signals from Planet Pasta.

4 Likes

Enchiladas for us too last night! No pic. But tasty. I braised beef stew for a few hours with onion, garlic, s&p, cumin, oregano, chipotle, and beer. Separately I roasted a handful of tomatillos, some onion, garlic, 2 poblanos, and when done, blended those with a big handful of cilantro. Then I layered both of these with some corn tortillas and a little shredded mozz in a pyrex.

I’d love a good recipe for a red enchilada sauce - I only ever make green.

7 Likes

Wonderful surely.

The all-powerful deity of Pastafarianism, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, must have been hovering over both of our homes last night. :wink:

8 Likes

Cream of Aspargus (non - dairy; used a potato for the creamy texture)

Had this for lunch actually.

13 Likes