What's For Dinner #74 - The Long "Fall Into Darkness, Warmth & Comfort" Edition - October 2021

5 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Drew’s. Details and pictures are in the link below for those that are interested.

5 Likes

Wow on the Priorat !

Exciting selections. Have a lovely weekend.

2 Likes

Great you’re treating yourself. Hope you feel better now.

2 Likes

Sunday Lobster & Crayfish caught off the Cape with pasta.

11 Likes

TWO new voting threads are up - Cuisine of the Quarter AND Dish of the Quarter! Come on over and cast your vote!

6 Likes

May your mother’s memory be a blessing.

I am sure this time is bittersweet for you but you have such wonderful things to look forward to together. Can’t wait to see the pictures. Are you having the reception at the JBJ Soul Kitchen?

4 Likes

It’s so nice to have a friend who has a friend who is an avid tuna fisher. We were the lucky recipients of some freshly caught tuna yesterday - loin and belly. Needless to say, we went for a Japanese influenced dinner of tuna sashimi, sake-steamed wild shrimp, lightly pickled scallop sashimi and a cucumber salad. Everything was so fresh - in the ground or water less than 24 hours ago.

22 Likes

Hope you are feeling well enough today to enjoy your cake @Saregama. Fingers crossed for you!

3 Likes

That looks absolutely delicious!

1 Like

@PHREDDY Congratulations! Wishing you every happiness.

@Saregama Feel better soon! I see that, like me, you buy “convenience” food occasionally and end up doctoring it up anyway, kind of defeating the point.

Gorgeous!

1 Like

I hope you’re feeling better today, @Saregama and can enjoy your baby cake!

1 Like

Doesn’t frying in those carbon steel pans make a huge mess? I’ve thought about frying in them many times.

Superbly splendid shellfish and red tuna …

Have a lovely Sunday.

1 Like

I normally fry in my kadhais - have a couple of small sizes. But for the fries, I needed a bit more floor space, and this 5" or so fry pan was perfect. Cold oil method - no mess.

I tried using the small Lodge CI pan last year when I was with family, and that was indeed a disaster. I ended up buying a small 8" curved pan similar to a kadhai or mini wok off Amazon, and everyone was converted to frying in that (except for large quantities of bhajias, for which the full size wok was necessary).

1 Like

How wonderful, congratulations.

3 Likes

It’s not even noon and already 88 here. :slightly_frowning_face:
I just had enchiladas from a nice local Mexican restaurant down the street.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Just back from a week of wine tasting in the Finger Lakes. We ate insane amounts of food, but few real meals - just lots of wine-friendly snacks! Back to cooking (and detoxing) tonight with flap steak in a Stroganoff-ish mushroom sauce, a big salad and sparkling water. My liver is thanking me already! :crazy_face:

9 Likes