What's For Dinner #72 - Wait, Summer Is Almost Over? Edition - August 2021

that’s the most beautiful rendition of meat loaf I’ve ever seen!

1 Like

i’ve paid between $14-18 in San Francisco/East Bay and they’re fully loaded. it’s been too long now…

Thanks!

Agree on tomato paste. In other things I also add some soy sauce and / or fish sauce for the same reason.

Sriracha and ketchup is my jam too.

Adding this to my list of cook-soon!

2 Likes

That sounds like Lobster Express in Norwell.

2 Likes

Yep! Jiffy lube lobster roll. :joy:

2 Likes

Oh, also, I usually add some powdered gelatin to the mix (with a splash of water). Soy sauce for sure (ran out this time).

1 Like

Same exact thing here. I always regret it afterwards because I have strings from inside the husk lying on the car floor. It takes a while to clean. But in that moment…

1 Like

OMG OMG OMG!!! You had all yellow corn!!! I’m so envious - all I can find in MA is butter and sugar corn - both yellow and white. I truly miss all yellow corn - I think it has a cornier flavor. Could be just my brain imagining it, but…

And yeah, it’s all in my brain. LOL

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-white-and-yellow-corn-233298

5 Likes

The Gents enjoyed them.

The Gentlemen had a carnivore´s paradise !!!

6 Likes

You dear has a sweet tooth !!!

Enjoy and have a lovely wkend just ahead.

Small market here, no competition…leads to high prices.

1 Like

Looks amazing

1 Like

“Baching it” means I can eat what I want. Joe’s Special = ground beef, spinach, eggs. For me, a splash of catsup and ranch.
Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 5.04.57 PM

10 Likes

The pre-game set-up. BLTs. Except basil instead of lettuce. Made the bread, grew the tomatoes. Woot!

16 Likes

BF turned our leftover pork chop into fried rice with bok choy and a bunch of other deliciousness. Kimchi and a green salad with a mirin dressing on the side.

13 Likes

Well @BeefeaterRocks, here it is. For the first time ever, I had gin on the rocks, and it was Beefeater! Frosted glass, lots of ice, gin swirled around several times. The first few sips were tough, like a bitter, edgy vodka. I contemplated adding vermouth but held strong. As it chilled, I started to really enjoy it. I even had a second one.

To eat: hanger steak with spinach-orzo salad (red onion, tomato, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt/pepper). A great summer night meal.

16 Likes

Oh bravo, I’m so proud of you. I knew you could do it.

2 Likes

Early Girl tomato, burrata, evoo, balsamic vinegar and basil salad. Grilled applewood smoked bacon wrapped filet mignon, cofftc with piquillo pepper, onion, parsley and butter and mo butter. And a glass of fizzy Lambrusco.

15 Likes

that orzo salad looks great, and the steak, of course!

alright. i’ll try my gin solo tonight! but i’m going with Hendricks, cuz that’s what I have open…

4 Likes