What's For Dinner #72 - Wait, Summer Is Almost Over? Edition - August 2021

Have I not replied to this? That’s my kinda mac and cheese!

1 Like

BF eats his off the cob - cuts it, then boiled it, and i believe that’s parsley…

1 Like

Yes! I use a melon baller. It’s why I keep my melon baller.

1 Like

Very . And wort it . I was sold by scorpian fish for the seafood stock . And snails for the Valencia.

7 Likes

@shrinkrap - i can’t find your reply now and i thought i responded but then i accidentally deleted it.

anyway, yes please, if you can find a Hawkeye reference to whitefish i’d love to hear it!

I saw your reply and then I didn’t! I posted what I’ve found so far above, but I’m still looking.

Found it!

HawkeyeMAS*H (1972–1983): SEASON 4, EPISODE 18 - HAWKEYE

"but for myself, I shall never forget
the ease, the grace, the earnestness…

with which that whitefish
gave itself up to me.

One eye turned chastely
toward its plate.

The other staring unconcerned
at its consumer: Me,
Benjamin Franklin Pierce, M.D.

“Mental Deficient.”"

5 Likes

love it! i love him so much…
if you’re interested, he has a wonderful podcast, Clear & Vivid. it’s really great.
http://www.alanalda.com/

2 Likes

so did i!

1 Like

The smoke/haze went away this afternoon, for good I hope.
Dinner was pork tenderloin, rolled in minced fennel seed, rosemary and garlic and then wrapped in bacon. Seared in cast iron and then roasted with a splash of chicken broth. Sides were asparagus with butter and aleppo pepper, mixed greens salad, tomato, cucumber, radish, green onion with o&v dressing.

16 Likes

“The smoke haze went away this afternoon.” I’m still waiting . I feel like I’m living in a smoke house
I’m ready to hang some sausages outside.

5 Likes

“The smoke/haze went away this afternoon, for good I hope.”

Let’s be real guys; it’s only mid August.

I’m thinking I’ll be here.

1 Like

Thank you. I highly doubt it was better, just different. I intended for it to be a little closer to yours but I thought I cold remember it without looking again (which I couldn’t) and no one wanted pasta.

The friends (actually father and daughter) are great fishers. Mr Bean fishes with them as often as possible. They usually hit up the Axel Carlson Reef.

1 Like

Thanks! The recipe you linked is actually for IP Braised Beef Brisket which also sounds delicious.

Lucky you! Looks spectacularly good!

2 Likes

Picnic coolers ? Need ice …

Sorry to hear … Dilema !!!

Thank you, but that was from last year. It hasn’t happened yet this year, but we are getting warnings that there may be a planned outage because of fire risk.

Oh my.

Times are quite challenging worldwide.

Corporations and Politicians are not listening to “Mother Nature” … and the destruction that has taken place is truly heart breaking.

Hope all goes well …

4 Likes

Thanks. Having fresh, local ingredients really helps.

1 Like

Truth!

2 Likes