What's for Dinner #70 - The "Kickoff to the Summertime BBQ" Edition - June 2021

Thanks!!

I want to try the Toma Truffle but the choices are limited here. But I just ordered some from Point Reyes!

2 Likes

Hope you enjoy the Toma! Now I’m feeling the pressure because I mentioned it, LOL.

3 Likes

It better be good or I will stalk you.

🍳 

:running_woman:t2:……. :running_man:……

3 Likes

11 Likes

What’s the sauce that the steak is sitting in?

That steak is done perfectly for my taste!

2 Likes

Wait - you’re going to stalk her with a sunny-side up egg in a cast iron frying pan? :wink:

3 Likes

That’s because we need to keep everything about the food here on HO, I expect. :laughing:

3 Likes

Thank you. It was exquisitely “blue rare” …

Have a afternoon day.

22.30 here.

2 Likes

Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil with peppercorns, a very mild air dried Basque chili pepper and saffron …

1 Like

I never would have thought of pairing EVOO with steak! I’ll have to try it.

1 Like

Picked up some fresh cod on Sunday, which resulted in these two dinners. Sunday night was batter fried fish with zucchini and onion rings, and last night fish tacos with leftover cod, reheated in toaster oven. Realize the optics would be better with a salad pictured. There WAS a salad, which remained in the fridge! To mitigate the free radicals, boosted up seltzer water w/POM juice but totally worth the dual indulgences! Oh and skorthia to go with the fish.

18 Likes

What’s your technique for the skordialia? This looks nice and creamy.

@ernie_in_berkeley, just boiled potatoes, salted and boiled til soft, into the vitamix with olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and salt to taste, whirred up. Turned out great & it’s been awhile since having/making some. But the new garlic crop beckoned.

2 Likes

Beautiful pics and nice ride @Respectfully_Declin! Brings back great memories of trips to the coast - friends in SF, Montara, Aptos, Capitola, Santa Cruz
but everyone moved on eventually. Enchanting part of the world nonetheless, and I miss it. Should put this in the nostalgia thread wah 🥲!

2 Likes

Oh my, how delicious. Everything.

Thanks @ChristinaM!

I feel like i haven’t cooked in weeks! and tonight was the BF’s turn - Italian sausage ragu with rigatoni and a salad. Ragu wasn’t his best - he didn’t like it either - but it wasn’t at all bad… just not his usual. salad was very good. and i didn’t have to cook, so I’m happy.

14 Likes

Nominations for Summer 2021 Cuisine of the Quarter are live! Summer 2021 (July-Sept) Cuisine of the Quarter - NOMINATIONS

Patty melt, potato salad made with red potatoes from the garden. A Michalada.

15 Likes