What's for Dinner #69 - The "It's Gotta Be May" Edition - May 2021

It it’s good, it’s good. If it’s too fatty, eat a bit less of it.

2 Likes

i am head over heels in love with quesabirria tacos and i would ditch the BF and marry them if they’d have me.

5 Likes

Jambalaya with little necks, Cajun spiced swordfish. Steamed green beans on the side for the kids. I couldn’t be bothered for the adults.

15 Likes

Caesar salad

16 Likes

Jumbo prawn curry and rice for dinner tonight.

I love the aesthetic of shrimp whole in their shell, but they’re hard to eat eat that way, especially when not seated at a dining table, nor among vegetarians.

So I did what my dad taught us - cut and trimmed the heads (and cooked them separately), then shelled and deveined the shrimp and marinated them for the curry. My technique addition was to make a quick stock with the shells to add to the curry later.

Vegetarians had (cheese) dosa with chutney and sambhar (there wasn’t enough batter or we’d all have eaten that).

All the leftover vegetables eaten up alongside - broccoli, green beans, cauliflower.

19 Likes

You lost me at fried broccoli. Lol

I ate Sushi! At the Counter! With my Homies! :sushi::two_hearts: The dining thing I missed most! Sushi Kaneyoshi in DTLA.

It’s a Japanese Burrito! For the finale of our meal Yoshi-san put the days seafood selections together to make this incredible, perfectly balanced Futomaki. :heart_eyes:

To thank hubs for indulging my sushi dreams, the next eve I pulled this marbled beauty out of the freezer for one of his favorite meals. :heart:

Kobe-style American Ribeye w/Spring Onions Sautéed in Butter, Soy Sauce, Mirin. Peaking in the frame is a big Baked Idaho w/the PSTOB, Sour Cream & Chives

Sooo beefy, tender, buttery, delicious.

To continue the Seafood theme I rummaged thru my Conserva collection for this Salad…

Romaine, Red Oak Leaf, Bok Choy, Orange & Red Bell Peppers, Carrots, Spring Onions, Thai Basil, Sautéed Frozen Lobster Tails & Claws, Locally Canned Sardines (fried for crispiness), Pujado Solano Anchovies & Calamares Relleno. Creamy Salad Dressing of Nuoc Mam Cham, Garlic Oil, Vegenaise

I have to post these cute & tasty La Brujula Calamares Rellenos, neatly stuffed with their own tentacles…

Topped the Salad with Peanuts

A Super Tasty Spanish Red

Happy Eating!

18 Likes

Funny!!!

P.S. My potato salad is pretty much an egg salad with some potatoes added. :relaxed:

1 Like

I :heart: this recipe. It’s also posted on the Chicken Thigh thread. I added a little coconut cream - so fragrant & delicious.

1 Like

Whiskey fennel sausage and Rana mushroom ravioli (first time trying) in a browned butter sage sauce, with dollops of this amazing jarred cow/goat cheese marinated in olive oil. Sage was nice & crispy. The Ranas were good! And a big old salad with a garlicky/lemony tahini dressing.

by

16 Likes

Conservas!!

1 Like

A weakness of mine!

1 Like

Nice! Do you use them often?

Just the slicer for English muffins, occasionally the scimitar if I need to do some serious damage. Or to slice pizza.

2 Likes

Your balls certainly do get around @NotJrvedivici !!!

2 Likes

Thai takeout last night: Rama Peanut for me and Chicken Tamarind for BF.

14 Likes

Like chase an annoying guest or family member outta the kitchen? :relieved:

3 Likes

me too! i stocked up last time i was in Barcelona and Lisbon. But luckily, we have The Spanish Table store to get more.

2 Likes

Funny, it would certainly do the job.

2 Likes

Errands in NH after sleeping in this morning. Despite the state having rescinded their mask mandate in mid-April, NH stores still had lots of people wearing masks, even in stores that also loosened their mask mandates. :+1:

I went back to an old Friday night standby I haven’t had in awhile: marinated steak tips (in Country Living’s Firecracker marinade), then grilled on the grill pan and finished in the oven (and they came out a perfect medium-rare).

Sides were a big-ass baked tater with TPSTOB and sour cream, and sauteed minced red onions, chopped red bell peppers, and green beans with Penzeys’ Mural of Flavor seasoning blend.

Oh yes, and wine. Because.

17 Likes