What's for Dinner #69 - The "It's Gotta Be May" Edition - May 2021

I have not tasted this dish yet . Looking forward to it . Cheers .

15 Likes

Yes . I did taste it . Subtle flavors .Best one yet . Chicken with the rice and artichokes .

7 Likes

For a late dinner, some pernil style pork shoulder, with arroz con gandules. I couldn’t find skin on pork shoulder at a small enough size so I used skinless and topped it with some pork skin I had in the freezer.

13 Likes

Wishing you a sensational new year, P. Thanks for bringing us along on this one, We ate well!

3 Likes

Thank you very much @pilgrim!

1 Like

What a great celebration. Happy birthday!

2 Likes

Thank you @heidicooksandbakes!

1 Like

Wow.

Definitely amazingly extraordinary … and that “LANGOSTINOS” (PRAWNS) and those French Fries skin - on are to die and go to heaven for !!!

And looks like a wonderful wine selection …

2 Likes

freixadessert127202215_206912067662284_3718362840011839401_n

10 Likes

Last night we made skirt steak fajitas grilled over the campfire, with zucchini and spinach salad - neither of which I had room for after a big lunch. Birthday cupcakes after (sorry for the scribble but I like to protect the kiddo’s privacy online til he’s old enough to decide).

21 Likes

WOW, you’re not kidding some incredible wines! Happy birthday!

2 Likes

These photographs had been taken at The Hotel Único by my dear photographer, The Madrid Capital; Restaurant Ramón Freixa …

1st: experimental lobster.
2nd: “rabo de toro” in different formats. ( oxtail)
3rd: a wafer of black chocolate with edible florals
4th: a locally grown lettuce in chocolate (the frog on rock is decoration only !!! )

3 Likes

Thank you!
I love your absolutely stunning presentations from restaurant Ramon Freixa as well.

1 Like

Thank you, and happy upcoming birthday to you next week as well! I am 1 year older than you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can you explain, describe more fully, the rabo de toro for us? This is beyond any ox-tail in my history! Many thanks.

2 Likes

HOLY EFF, that looks amazing! nice reconstruction of the peeg!

1 Like

love the kiddo’s mop-top!

1 Like

i would be more than glad to however, it is getting very late and we need to be up early as we have alot to do and we are travelling as mentioned.

Sorry but I need to re - read my notes that we took after speaking to the waiter as well as Chef Ramón Frexia who is from Barcelona. We know him and his father as they have a restaurant in one of the top Hotels in Barcelona.

So, be patient and I will however, these concoctions are prepared with “high tech treatments” and nitrogen liquid … The basic ingredient is the oxtail (rabo de toro) as it is the month of this specialty in Madrid Capital.

Gold: this is a gelatin concoction from the oxtail.
Red: is the oxtail and vegetables created from the sauce transformed into a creamy texture.
Brown bull: this is meat that is transformed into a melt in your mouth cracker.

4 Likes

I’ve been all about potatoes this week. Here’s a potato gratin from yesterday.

14 Likes

Happy Birthday and you have very nice friends :+1:

1 Like