What's for Dinner #68 - the Spring has Sprung Edition - April 2021

That’s a yes from me on all of that food! But wait…is that a chandelier hanging over the lake?

2 Likes

Perfect vax recovery meal. And THAT BREAD! :heart:

1 Like

Yes, please.

1 Like

You’re super lucky! Slab is a real treat. Even smokehouses here pre-slice bacon.

1 Like

Yes, that is a chandelier hanging on a tree by the lake. A lot of people were taking pictures by it. They also do a lot of weddings there.

1 Like

The ribs were chopped (size as seen on photo), were cooked in oven for about 30 minutes for 210°C / 410°F in a big tray. Simple and good.

1 Like

@Mr_Happy

Thanks. This person has just received a warning. I believe it’s a spammer trying to post something to bypass to being recognized as a spam as first post.

6 Likes

Indeed! Love rice, all styles, the problem here is H isn’t hot with rice, he complains from time to time when I cook too often! :laughing:

1 Like

Lunch and dinner at sister’s yesterday. @TheCookie thanks for the re-inspiration to make sashimi canapes!

I bought the fish already blocked (hamachi, toro, tuna, and sake) and my sister sliced and prepped everything. She’s got good knife skills! Accoutrements: yuzo tobiko, salmon roe, pickled ginger, wasabi, scallions, gobo, avocado, lemon, pickled radish, and furikake for the sushi rice.

and continuing the feesh theme, dinner was butterfish that I steamed over garlic, scallions, ginger, and lemongrass, and then topped with scallions, ginger, a little soy, and garlic/chili crisp.

Steamed globe artichokes accompanied the fish.

22 Likes

Beautiful…

that’s a shame. both the BF and I grew up eating it almost daily.

2 Likes

He likes rice when it’s sweet rice pudding. Ok when it’s cooked with something like risotto or paella, but not white rice as in Asian cooking.

2 Likes

Yesterday it felt like spring. After a cool morning the temperature got up to 72 or so and beautifully sunny. We had hoped to have dinner outside on the back patio, but my guys were suffering with allergies that scuttled our plan. Nevertheless, I grilled burgers, asparagus and pineapple. Tater tots alongside, per tradition. Burgers were topped with cheese of choice (or none), sauteed onions and bacon, because…why not.

11 Likes

And, WFC*: Martini made with shockingly new-to-me Sevilla Orange Tanqueray. Love this stuff! Can’t believe it took me this long to try it. I’m not a fan of Tanqueray Rangpur, or most lemon/lime-flavored booze, but this didn’t have that fake taste to me.

*What’s for Cocktail

12 Likes

Wow! Incredible! I’m glad I inspired you. Now you’ve inspired me even more! :blush: Two kinds of roe! You even got gobo!

1 Like

Mazel tov.

4 Likes

yeah, we do this 2-3 times a year, we have a very good Japanese grocery store near my sister’s house, in Berkeley, very well stocked. and i’ve been indulging myself in Japanese-style breakfasts for the past month, so i stocked up on other pickled items too.

2 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

My daughter requested as Dean Martin would croon:

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta e fasule, that’s amore…

Followed by one of my favorite fat daddy meals; Steak Pizziola’! Made with beautiful prime NY strips. Delicious!!

I sent a bottle of wine to the kitchen for the chef.

(One of my favorite cooking smells, the aromatics)

Simmering nicely

Oh the garlic bread!!

Chefs appreciate these gestures!

23 Likes

Baruch Ashem…to you all…the birth of a new one only brings luck, happiness and love to the family…Please cherish the moments!!!

11 Likes