What's for Dinner #68 - the Spring has Sprung Edition - April 2021

looks like someone already flagged her post?

Don’t feel bad, in the 20 seconds it takes me to reach the pantry I have forgotten what I needed.

6 Likes

Nice catch, I was also bamboozled.

At least you agree w/yourself!

4 Likes

:smile:
what a dope!

2 Likes

hah! story of my life!

2 Likes

Nice Greenmarket haul today. So! Monkfish with ramps and asparagus, olive/chive/lemon/cinnamon basil on top.

fish
Pea shoots with radish, cucumber & feta.

salad

11 Likes

This one sent me over the top . Bruschetta brushed with tomato garlic and olive oil . De bearded the mussels. Clams . Olive oil mixed with butter . Saute shallots chopped garlic with tomato. Add a smidge of anchovy oil . Finish off with some threads of saffron from Iran made into a tea . Cheers .

19 Likes

Nice! My favorite was always the shrimp toast.

Pizza Napoletano Style … Saturday …

14 Likes

An almost ghost town at my Happy Place today just after noontime. Everyone must have stayed outside enjoying the sunshine, blue skies, and 73° temps! (Because tomorrow will be gray, cloudy, and rainy.)

I went light for dinner after seeing some lovely fresh shrimp from Florida at Wegmans.

Seasoned the shrimp with Penzeys Florida Pepper blend, then sauteed. Served on a bed of red leaf lettuce, with sliced English cukes, radishes, red bell pepper, and Sunset’s Sprinkles Teeny Tiny Tomatoes (sold in an appropriately sized small package so perfect when I don’t want a lot of tomatoes).

A simple lemon-honey-Dijon mustard vinaigrette drizzled on top, and white wine as the side.

(Pic is pre-dressing drizzle.)

21 Likes

The kiddo and I made pappardelle pasta to go with Bolognese sauce purchased from our local fancy butcher. Served with a green salad with strawberries, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and pom molasses vinaigrette.

Pasta was pretty good, but next time I’ll use just AP flour as the recipe book suggests, rather than introducing durum semolina.

21 Likes

Getting my rib on tonight.

17 Likes

Temperature drop here today. Rain , yay. Been eyeing these bacon slabs from the local smokehouse. Picked one up today. Will vacuum seal the rest . Neighbors eggs over easy . Rosti potatoes .Cheers .

15 Likes

Hot peas and butter! Come and get your supper! (Salisbury steak… again…)

17 Likes

We had a relaxing dinner at Andre’s Lakeside dining in Sparta, NJ. It was our first time dining there. It overlooks a beautiful lake. It felt like we were on vacation. We dined indoors because it was a little too breezy and we didn’t have jackets. Next time we would love to dine out on the beautiful deck overlooking Lake Seneca. They host a lot of weddings here. My wife enjoyed an excellent crispy skinned branzino with creamy polenta. I had the NY strip steak with probably the best version of creamed spinach I ever had. We also had a crispy fried shrimp appetizer with charred rice, avocado, cucumber, radish and gochujang which sounded better than it tasted. The same goes for a fresh pasta dish with whipped ricotta, peas, shoots, slivered almonds and fresh mint. It just wasn’t seasoned enough. We also shared a seared beef Appetizer with capers, watercress, and anchovies. They serve you excellent foccacia bread with duck fat butter to start and gave us a very nice amuse bouche of cured salmon with sour cream and scallions on top of a sliced cucumber. Before the main course they gave us some warm lavender tea as a palate cleanser. We took home some coconut cream pie with roasted pineapple for dessert. It was good but pretty minuscule for $12. The service was very friendly. It all went great with an excellent 2005 Syrah.

17 Likes

Frozen pizza last night - pretty good. Roasted Brussels sprouts on the side.

Takeout italian tonight - cacio e pepe, bolognese, and short rib ragu pastas. More Brussels sprouts - with their special hot sauce (they deep fry the sprouts to get them crisp).

I made my dad’s chicken soup earlier in the day for sib who got the vax and zombie slept through much of the day, and baked a loaf of bread. Looking forward to a sandwich tomorrow after ages.

18 Likes

Congrats

Me a year and a half ago

Flying to San Antonio in a couple weeks for the birth of our granddaughter

Cheers

14 Likes

Lovely prawn salad.

1 Like

Wow ! Wonderful absolutely and a lovely view too …

1 Like

Holy hell. I WANT THAT.

2 Likes