What's for Dinner #68 - the Spring has Sprung Edition - April 2021

There’s one 1.5 miles from my house, but I don’t think they’ve opened yet. Once they do, I’ll keep an eye out for the Fat Moon Farm 'shrooms! Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

14 Likes

Garlicky clam spaghetti cooked in the IP - makes for very flavorful, toothsome, starchy pasta cooked in broth and clam juice. Topped with Pecorino - @Barca, avert your eyes. Buttered peas and carrots on the side. I officially need to go shopping.

17 Likes

Quick dinner: garganelli pasta with sauteed pancetta and asparagus in a sauce of white wine, lemon, heavy cream and Parm-Reg (with a bit of pasta water added), green onions and parsley. Not too shabby.

Based on the two posts before mine, it looks like it’s Pasta Tuesday.:wink:

19 Likes

Curry laksa with shrimp, tofu, mushroom, asparagus & cabbage.

IMG_7264

Mozzarella, tomato, avocado, hyper-local basil, lemon & basil-infused olive oil.

IMG_7265

14 Likes

Carnitas mulita with bell pepper and guacamole

22 Likes

Growing in your window?

2 Likes

I was happy with breakfast for dinner.

Funny story: my BF did the fried eggs. When plating, his two yolks burst so he gave me the other two for photography purposes. As he was placing them on the waffle (homemade-- chocolate chip), they flapped over on each other. Feeling the shot would be ruined, I roughly adjusted them with a fork and they plopped just like that. Had to go for the smile.

Make no mistake, a moment later this was loaded with butter, syrup, and Canadian bacon.

20 Likes

Funny!

Oh my lord you’re my hero!

1 Like

At sister’s tonight, more Costco Dungeness crab clusters, with steamed asparagus. TPSTOB on all. We’re making the most of the season this year.

17 Likes

Yep. I’ll start hardening off in a few days, and then it’ll be out on the balcony, so about 15 feet less local.

Apparently I hopped aboard the Tuesday night pasta train! We had a beautiful bunch of kale raab, which I wanted to cook at its peak because we’d never had this before.

Fresh rigatoni was in the fridge so that’s the pasta I used. The kale raab was delicious sautéed briefly in olive oil with cherry tomatoes, a blob of tomato paste, a minced garlic clove, plus a touch of Aleppo pepper (heat) and sumac (lemony).

Chopped Marcona almonds on top for crunch and protein.

16 Likes

Yum! That all looks good.

Thanks! Prior to making that batch of laksa, I had never bought a can of coconut milk in my life (and I’m no spring chicken - not even a summer chicken). But now I want to cook with it all the time, which is probably not the best idea.

3 Likes

Thanks. I made more spring rolls last night. The cabbage leaves were smaller as they were closer to the core. I used 2 - 3 leaves in each roll, with 3 (half) prawns than 2 last time, and more vegetables, it was quite difficult to roll.

1 Like

Got these big beauties at the Farmers Market & a ginormous amount of Safflower Oil to try Spaghetti alla Nerano, inspired by the Amalfi Coast episode of Stanley Tucci’s CNN show.

Wish me luck…

11 Likes

Good Luck!

1 Like

:joy:

I made what was billed as Mexican chicken and rice soup from my healthy eating Instant Pot cookbook. It was very good with a few tweaks.

16 Likes