What's for Dinner #68 - the Spring has Sprung Edition - April 2021

yay you! pretty soon - cocktails! :grinning:

1 Like

My son is on a hot cherry pepper kick so he requested “something” with them. So here we have chicken sausage and broccoli rabe with hot cherry peppers with gemelli pasta. Also decided to make a white pie with the ingredients minus the chicken.

20 Likes

My kind of dish! I am getting in the car and driving to NJ. Now. :wink:

3 Likes

As soon as I am 100% sure I’m over this, I am definitely whipping something up with hot cherry peppers!

1 Like

I saved your Necromancer cocktail from Monday. I may try it tonight. Though a Corpse Reviver would be more apropos!

5 Likes

So pretty!

I usually just sit with a bowl of rice, a bowl of filling, and a box of seaweed snacks and assemble as I go. Not very pretty trying to bite a faux handroll, but tasty!

1 Like

:joy_cat: True dat re: The Corpse Reviver. Sorry you’ve been sick - do take good care, and fingers crossed you’re over it for good.

1 Like

There’s plenty left!! Funny my wife thought it was very spicy, it didn’t burn my mouth but I was noticeably sweating by the end. lol

1 Like

Tonight was Thai green curry salmon with eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, asparagus, and peas. Also featuring fresh lime leaves I picked up at an Asian store last week on vacation (the inspiration for the dish). Steamed broccoli on the side.

12 Likes

Mexican for everyone except me. Roasted cauliflower for all.

Tostadas for the vegetarians with refried beans and the fixings.

Ground beef (actually kheema) taco for one.

And for me, some Japanese fusion - a tostada with spicy mayo, sesame cabbage slaw, guacamole, and tuna tartare.

16 Likes

cel·e·bra·tion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
I bought daffodils today, and bleu cheese stuffed olives. A martini rocks was the inspiration for dinner. Grilled flat iron, asparagus and a green salad with roxlet’s green goddess dressing.

Dinner Monday was coconut shrimp. cauli rice, mango-habanero aioli and the ubiquitous broccoli salad.

And last night, chicken with chorizo, rosemary and olives, served over cauli mash (yes I am low carbing it), my favorite Spanish salad with manchego cheese and sherry vinegar dressing.

17 Likes

Now how could that be bad? Yum.

1 Like

Tot soccer night. IP Beef Stroganoff over ww rotini, with steamed green beans and a green salad with honey mustard vinaigrette. DH portioned the main…I was very hungry but it was too much even for me.

Finished the rest of this highly decent $5.99 French sauv blanc from Trader Joe’s.

10 Likes

That’s exactly how I thought I was getting it.

Opening Uni is definitely freakier than opening live Oysters because the tentacles are moving and you have to start at the mouth. Sorry Mr Uni. :cry: But @small_h is right, they’re much easier to open than an Oyster, so the drama is over in seconds.

1 Like

Yumm… I’m making this!

2 Likes

Fun post! And that chicken! :drooling_face:

1 Like

Happy celebration!

This looks inspiring.

1 Like

Whoa! That’s never happened when I’ve prepped uni at home. I keep them in the fridge for a while, and they are completely motionless when I take them out.

It was Mr Bean’s birthday the other day and he requested Beef Wellington for dinner. I know it is pretty old school but his beloved uncle was a caterer and Beef Wellington was one of his specialties. I’ve never made it before but figured I’d give it a try. Not wanting to make a whole beef tenderloin for the 3 of us (and not interested in experimenting on a $100 plus piece of meat) I went with individual filets instead. Served with Hasselback Potatoes also at his request.

We’ve been huge fans of Grgich Hills Zin for years and decided to go with the oldest bottle in our collection. It was delicious.

20 Likes

Happy Birthday to Mr. Bean! He is lucky to have a loving and caring wife like you :blush: That looks like a fabulous birthday dinner that you created with an excellent wine to compliment it.

3 Likes