What's for Dinner #68 - the Spring has Sprung Edition - April 2021

thank, yeah, he’s good.

1 Like

I was inspired by the chicken thigh thread and pulled some from the freezer that I didn’t remember I had until I went searching for some ground lamb for The Sprout. Marinated with lots of garlic, lemon juice, a greek seasoning blend and olive oil. They were meant to be cooked on the grill but it was so windy the grill wouldn’t stay lit. Served over a Greekesque salad, with grilled mushrooms and potatoes. We were in a Greek grocer a while back and I bought a can of gigante beans which added some nice color.

16 Likes

Thank you Maria! I found the you tube for chef John’s breakfast burrito and love the method. Will try soon.

1 Like

Looks divine! And gigante beans prepared Greek-style are one of my favorites.

2 Likes

Thank you. I love beans and dill so this was right up my alley. I want to try and make them as this grocery was a little far to get to on a regular basis.

1 Like

SCANDINAVIAN is our new Cuisine of the Quarter - come join us! SCANDINAVIAN - Cuisine of the Quarter, Spring 2021 (Apr-June)

5 Likes

good luck! He actually didn’t do Chef John’s method. Since he was doing two, he thought it would be too difficult, so he rolled them in the usual burrito manner (whatever that is) and then browned them on all sides in a big, lightly oiled pan.

Birthday French toast was a huge success! The random bits of chocolate and fruit in the panettone were nice little surprises.

19 Likes

Happy birthday! Looks wonderful!

2 Likes

Happy birthday @biondanonima !!! Yummy dessert!

2 Likes

Aha, that yummy panettone French toast was for your birthday? Wishing you many more delicious meals!

3 Likes

I always find it strange to hear this. We called them pain perdu here, “lost bread”.

5 Likes

Same here, top chef night. Didn’t cook, we ordered pizzas.

1 Like

Actually, I love the alliteration - Panettone Pain Perdu! Not to mention the multiculturalism! And thank you for the birthday wishes :smiley:

6 Likes

Yes, DH can be counted on for lovely gifts and dinner reservations (or take-out plans), but not a home cooked brunch, unless the menu consists of fried egg sandwiches. :rofl: Thank you for the birthday wishes!

3 Likes

Es muy Bonita carnitas mi amigo!!! (Last time I tried to speak Spanish I apparently insulted the guys wife and donkey so I apologize in advance for my poor Spanish speaking. Please apologize to Mrs Happy and the Happy Burro if necessary)

4 Likes

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy birthday biodanoima
Happy Birthday to you…

(I tried to hire you a stripper but after the pandemic 15lbs @seal needs a 2XL g-string and strippers-r-us are still closed. )

Anywho love the breakfast sausage!! What brand if you don’t mind me asking.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday! :birthday::champagne: :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Happiest of days to you!

2 Likes

LOL, the covid 19 (lbs) has impacted us all! The sausage is from Restaurant Depot, I believe Jones Farm brand. Comes in a 10 lb box of 2.5 oz patties. It’s one of the better commercial varieties I’ve had and the price at RD can’t be beat!

2 Likes