What's for Dinner #67 - the It's Been A YEAR Since This All Started! Edition - March 2021

Would you buy those again and/or are those fillets a repeat purchase? I’m asking because I have been craving a fried fish sandwich and I wondered if those would scratch the itch.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ll buy them again. They’re not crunchy as if you had deep-fried them, but they have a nice crispy crunch when you cut into them with a fork.

3 Likes

that looks absolutely heavenly.

Tacos for a Friday night. Carnitas pulled from freezer, made an avocado crema (super easy: avo, sour cream, cilantro, onion, garlic, jalapeno & serrano chilies, lime juice, s&p, whizzed in the food processor.) I would like to be buried in this stuff please. Or folded into it. Fried the BF’s tortillas, charred mine. rice got a little crispalicious as i was playing a game of office bingo and let the rice sit for an extra 20 minutes. WHOOPSIE.

16 Likes

Tagliatelle with Bolognese sauce, tomato and broccolini with vinaigrette, wine.

13 Likes

Bo Luc Lac / shaking beef (a college era favorite) and improvised hakka noodles using spaghetti.

13 Likes

Oh your wine brings back such memories! My friends and I took a road trip through Napa maybe 20 years ago. Peju was a surprise visit and was one of our favorite stops. I don’t drink at all, so I didn’t sample, but my friends do and had a few sips. It was a great trip!

2 Likes

14 Likes

The Raf Spanish Tomato - From Almeria, Spain on the south east coast …

This is what we paired with the Black Angus Saturday evening …

12 Likes

Wow! What a gorgeous steak, perfectly prepared, with a nice bottle of wine.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 Like

Yes, we truly enjoy Basque Black Angus ! Thank you and the same to you too.

2 Likes

You inspired me to make shrimp moqueca :grin:

13 Likes

Lazy day. Despite waking up at 6:45 a.m.

Leftover roast lamb was defrosted and used in a pot pie. Used a regular Pillsbury pie crust for the topping rather than a mashed potato topping for a Shepherd’s Pie-alike, but cubed boiled potatoes were in the lamb mix.

Sauteed onion, garlic, frozen peas and corn, and fresh diced carrots rounded out the veg, tossed in some minced rosemary with the diced leftover lamb, and the lamb gravy was thinned with a bit of heavy cream.

Damn. This was REALLY good!

And oh yeah. There was lots of wine.

(

19 Likes

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at Cafe Panache in Ramsey.
We enjoyed an awesome special of squid ink pasta with shrimp, mussels, and chorizo; black sea bass with tomato caper sauce; the always decadent filet mignon ravioli, and a fabulous salad of prosciutto, sautéed red peppers, arugula, and shaved ricotta. We had amaretto cake soaked in amaretto for dessert. It all went great with an excellent 2005 Syrah.

13 Likes

Wow, that looks delish :yum:… Picture perfect!

1 Like

I’m ready for my cookbook “A Million and One Ways to Plate Chicken Cutlets”. Seen here with mashed cauliflower and a boatload of broccolini.

There was a martini.

15 Likes

Mashed Yukon Gold potatoes with chives, Johnsonville “Irish O’Garlic” sausages, and onion gravy. Not sure what part of the sausages made them Irish - they tasted a lot like their regular brats (not a bad thing).

PXL_20210314_062012698

13 Likes

Holy crap. That looks amazing!

1 Like

Ooh can you please share your recipe for the bo luc lac? I love it so… In particular, what cut of beef do you use?

1 Like

Must try, lurrrve moqueca, and it’s been years since I’ve had it.

1 Like