What's For Dinner #65 - the Brand New New Year's Edition - January 2021

Sounds and looks comforting @tomatotomato

2 Likes

I made a chopped chef salad for dinner but the standout was the tahini dressing. I added a tsp. of za’atar to this recipe:

I will be drizzling in on everything…boiled eggs, roasted carrots, toast…

12 Likes

@Rooster they’re mostly assembly - I can tell you what you need from Patel Bros or similar the next time you’re heading there.

Shrimp po’ boy, and a pickle.

19 Likes

I made baguettes first thing this morning just because i wanted garlic bread for the BF’s pasta dinner. He made meat sauce with our NYE Tolouse sausages, which was kind of sad, but unfortunately he’d overcooked them a bit on the grill, so sauce they were. I wouldn’t have known if he hadn’t told me - really good sauce. Over penne, with a little green salad. But I have to say… my garlic bread was maybe the best thing on the table. shhh…

21 Likes

OMG… MARRY ME!!! please??

1 Like

that dressing does sound really good… as does the linked shallot vinaigrette (in the same article.)

:blush:

that looks like my idea of heaven.

1 Like

Please do. Thanks.

I have made the shallot dressing as well and I slathered a whole chicken in it for roasting and it was so good.

3 Likes

Indian tonight.

Chicken Malai kabab in the oven, cauliflower and peas, green beans two ways - stewed with tomatoes and just plain with dry spices (for one kid), dal, and cabbage koftas in tomato gravy.

Some people are starting the year low carb… not sure if I’m joining, but we skipped the bread and rice tonight. Except the kids, for whom I made Gf parathas that turned out pretty great (first attempt).

18 Likes

Messaging you

Ah no, meant cha siu specifically. Mostly when I use shoulder it’s low and slow, like a pulled pork or carnitas like you mentioned, or cubed for a stew. It just tends to be recipes don’t give it enough time to really break down that I like shoulder less.

2 Likes

Your baguettes are always a success. Maybe you could help a forum member with hers?

1 Like

Slathered in the shallot dressing. Super moist without a sharp onion taste.

14 Likes

Hard to have an appetite after the national upheaval. But a pick me up was def needed. Frig cleanup and :pray: we learn from this horror.

17 Likes

cabbage koftas - those look delicious!

1 Like

oh my! gorgeous bird. i’m going to have to try this.

1 Like

send her this link!

7 Likes