What's For Dinner #65 - the Brand New New Year's Edition - January 2021

Stunning. Looks delicious, thanks for sharing the journey!

1 Like

Thanks! So does all your crab cooking… and that pasta! It makes me want to buy crabs now. :sweat_smile::sweat_drops:

1 Like

Move. Over. French Laundry! Or El Bulli, Noma or whatever I don’t care!

I hope the “fambly” appreciates your culinary endeavours. Or I’d shred the to bits. (J/K)

A feast for the eyes.

6 Likes

Sunday: Art of Plating Up for a publishing project at home …

13 Likes

(sure I’ve got to follow @Barca)

Snow for the North East…first pot of the new year!

17 Likes

I made Azin Nsonou (Peanut Stew) and bay leaf-infused brown-cauli rice.

This time I added canned chickpeas to help cut our meat portions.

14 Likes

The ultimate conclusion (the comfort food of my mothers people) truly fills the soul.

16 Likes

Haha Sweet @Presunto! :relaxed:

I had Black Mole on my “When I Retire” list. But when I recover from this I might as well go on ahead and do it! Lol.

1 Like

Quiet day.

WF had chuck roasts on sale through yesterday, so Mom’s Lemon Pot Roast was WWFD tonight.

Boiled carrots and potatoes alongside, as well as wine.

I expect to leave work early tomorrow and WFH on Tuesday with the impending nor’easter now dropping anywhere from 10-16" of snow from Monday afternoon through Tuesday morning. UGH.

14 Likes

Grinning at TOSTOBASC AND the multiple Manhattans. :smile:

The latter reminds me of my Grandma who, whenever she came to visit us in the month+ between Thanksgiving and New Year’s, would always have 3 maraschino cherries in her Manhattan for my older brother, me, and my younger sister. But we weren’t allowed the cherries until she was done with her Manhattan. And Mom and Dad had a heavy hand, so we kids got to taste her drink via bourbon-soaked cherries. I loved my Grandma. :heart:

15 Likes

What a wonderful memory of your Grandma. My cherries are Tipsy, soaked in whiskey.

2 Likes

“Drog yw genev” *, Cornish pasties: steak, potato, rutabega, onion in suet/butter pastry

Plated with mid-Century Montana diner beef gravy

*forgive me

16 Likes

Kampachi crudo with aji amarillo peppers from the garden.

15 Likes

My usual chicken dinner. Looked down and said . " We’ll be best friends forever. " Cheers .

18 Likes

Pretty bad snowstorm today (and for possibly the next two days) which I worked through. I live very close to where I work but still needed to pour myself a drink when I got home! Treacherous! Vodka it was!

Dinner: I guess you can call this Italian bangers and mash. Had to use what we had on hand tonight. Usually my BF makes the sausage and peppers but I did them this time. Very spicy!

20 Likes

Beautiful salmon …

Cool “kitties” …

1 Like

Amberjack it quite common in Mallorca and moreover in Sicilia.

Splendidly lovely fish variety …

1 Like

Monday … A daughter in law & one of my grandsons and I and a colleague headed for Pizza.

10 Likes

Albondigas soup with ww pasta. Repurposed the leftover meatballs and sauce.

17 Likes

I’m sure all the cool kids know, but that was from the "Yada yada " Seinfeld episode.

2 Likes